VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know why this is on sale or how long it will last. Office Depot's website still lists this monitor as $269.
    http://www.officedepot.com/textSearch.do?uniqueSearchFlag=true&Ntt=al2216wbd

It is an Acer AL2216WBD. It got very good reviews at CNET, as far as video quality is concerned. It is a "bare bones" monitor, no crappy, tinny speakers attached and no USB hub. It is not height adjustable, but it does tilt. Most other 22" monitors are well over $300.

I went to my local Office Depot and asked a salesman if they had any, because the website said they did but there were none on the shelves. He looked up the Office Depot part number and the system said it was $179, not $269. He went and got one out of the back and set it down behind the cashier and said, "This one's for your next customer" pointing at me. I was standing behind someone else.

When I got to the cashier, she just scanned it and the store system also came up with the $179 price, so I know it wasn't just some weird employee-pricing code or something.

If you are in the market for a decent-size widescreen monitor, check this out. You will probable have to go to a brick-and-mortar Office Depot store.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Acer AL2216WBD £165 .Amazon uk.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't 165 pounds about $325? That's not that great of a price.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From other reviews I read n CNet, I guess that it has been selling for $199 recently, with a rebate.
    The $179 was with no rebate, just the regular price.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thta price isnt offered on the website, cause trust me, im in the market for 2 of them now!!!!!!!
    "If u cant eat it - u dont need it"

"Baby - If i dont hit it, Who will?"

"Why is Abbreviation such a long word"?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The 22' Westinghouse was $179 few weeks ago at bestbuy
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can get that price, add it to cart, select store pick up & the price should change.
    Special order item-not returnable
    Quote Quote  
  8. Isn't 165 pounds about $325? That's not that great of a price.
    Partially my point being that we tend to get ripped off for stuff like this in the UK. $179 is about £90 which would be a GREAT price to pay for a 22 monitor
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Acer laptops have very reflective and more difficult to read LCD display. Better LOOK at it, before you buy them.
    Quote Quote