VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm making a movie from 1,000's of stills.

A good number of these stills are in the "portrait" orientation. They are taller than they are wide. In some cases, I have to crop to keep important detail within the safe area (4:3).

I've tried using the Sony Border Fx to put a nice neat border around each picture which works fine until the picture is cropped. The border stays at the original boundary of the picture while the picture is now smaller.

Does anyone know how I can apply a "border" in Vegas that will track when the picture is cropped?

Yes, I could do this in Photoshop with a droplet, but at 30 pictures a time for a few thousand pictures .... not fun!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas, or Vegas Movie Studio ?

If Vegas, I would use Nested Projects. Get everything sized correctly and happy, save it, then load that project onto the timeline and add the borders.

I don't know if Movie Studio supports nested projects, hence my first question.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Its Vegas.

I'd planned on using nested projects once I've got the sub projects done. I'll try what you suggest before I go any further.

This would be my first attempt at nested projects since I upgraded to Vegas from VMSP a few months ago. I've done each sub project as though it were a discrete project which may not have been clever.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The nested project didn't work.

But I did this. To the left of the word Border in the BorderFX window, there is an arrow (Pre/Post Toggle) pointing to the right. Click it so that it's pointing to the left and it'll now track any movements.

Now I need to figure out a script to do this. I've had a stab using an existing script plus some info I found over at jetdv.com. Getting errors so far. Case of not know my a$$ from a hole in the ground
    Quote Quote