VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip streaming video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Basically I need the equivalent of
    the following utilities
    VirtualDub
    vobsub
    Avisynth
    that takes as an input file a MPEG2 file plus a SRT subtitle file and outputs a MPEG2 file with burnt in subs. (NOT an AVI as the above combination does)

I can do it by converting the MPEG2 file to avi, using the above utilities or even AutoGK set on 100% quality, add the burnt -in subs and then convert back to MPEG2 but it would be nice if it could all be done with MPEG specific software that would only require one recode.
    Thanks
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 7 Ultimate, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nothing special about what you want to do:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\VSFilter.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")
    TextSub("C:\Path\To\Movie.srt")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So does this mean as an example I select my mpeg file called BigTop.mpg and subtitle file BigTop.srt, process it and the resulting file will be BigTopSpecial.mpg? If that is the case it solves the problem... many thanks

Just to explain a little on playback - the playback device is not a computer or DVD player but a MPEG2 specific only playback device in development. So the requirement is to have a mpeg2 file that has burnt in subtitles just as if they were mixed in by a video mixer in a studio.

So this device has no capability to install anything just playback a mpeg2 file presented to it and spit it out to a PAL composite output signal plus audio.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 7 Ultimate, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi-

You mentioned AviSynth in the first post, so I assumed you already had some experience in using it.

Yes, load the VSFilter.dll and then you can use text based subs (SRT, SSA, etc.) with the TextSub command, and VobSubs (IDX/SUB) using the VobSub command in the script. You also make a D2V project file using DGIndex, but I guess you already know how to do that. Depending on the colorspace of the source and the encoder you're using, you might want to add a ConvertTo (whatever colorspace) at the end. Open the script in VDub(Mod) first, and scroll around to make sure the script's OK and that the subs show up. Then send to whatever encoder you plan on using. This processes the video only. Mux in the audio when done.
    Quote Quote