VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I updated to the newest version of ffdshow by first uninstalling the old version. The FilmMachine now encodes with no audio? How do I go about updating the ffdshow.reg? I updated to version r1421 2007-08-15

Thank you
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may not have ffdshow set to decode/encode everything you need. Under ffdshow's Start menu folder, open "Audio decoder configuration" and see what's enabled or disabled in the Codecs section.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    You may not have ffdshow set to decode/encode everything you need. Under ffdshow's Start menu folder, open "Audio decoder configuration" and see what's enabled or disabled in the Codecs section.
    I'm converting avi's to DVD. Would doing what you suggest cause conflicts with the Xvid codec which is also on my PC?
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There shouldn't be a problem. I haven't experienced any conflicts with having both ffdshow and Xvid installed, on multiple systems. In fact, if you're concerned, you can open the video configuration options, under Codecs, and have ffdshow use the version of Xvid you have installed, to handle Xvid and DivX 4/5/6 video.

We're just dealing with the audio setup here, though.

Also, in more recent versions, ffdshow has an 'exclude list' you can set, telling it which applications should or should not use it to decode video, just in case there are any conflicts or weird behavior.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote