VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

i am seeking some help I have around 600 movies in Mpeg/AVI/Wmv that i need to watermark convert to WMV and least cut into 15 sec pieces. Anybody know of some good batch programs that can do the job, i have really been looking for a while and cant seem to find anything, i donīt wanna use VirtualDub i have problems getting it to read al of my files and output what i want.

Hope any of you have some advice, thanks =)

Best Regards
    Morten
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VD's not going to help anyway with WMV conversion. Why WMV anyway? It's a fairly proprietary format and there's not a lot of options for encoders out there. And even less for batch converters. The few I find on a Google search probably use a old WMV version. And unless those movies are very short, you may have a lifetime project ahead of you.

You might mention your purpose for all this and one of our members may be able to suggest some other options.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey and thank you very much.

ahh yes ofcaurse alittle baggrund and reason ;-D

Im a webmaster and have bought licens to use tons of movies on my site, and the reason for using WMV is almost everybody can play it, its pretty small but still it looks pretty good.

But if you guys know of a program that can do the same but output to mpeg or avi i would be just as happy caurse i have a program that can convert those files to wmv 1500 kbps. I must have bought at least 10-15 programs, most of them donīt work or is very poorly made, the last one i bought was Watermark Factury, it broke down and i tryed it on 2 different computer..... damn its hard to find good reliable software.

Best Regards
    Morten
    Quote Quote