VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Panasonic DVD recorder and also a PC with a drive that supports DVD-RAM. I regularly transfer video from the DVD recorder to the PC. This is easy because when I put the DVD-RAM disk into the PC the files can be read with Windows Explorer with no problems.

What I'd also like to be able to do however is to transfer data the other way. So I'd like to be able to burn a video file onto the DVD-RAM disk on the PC and have it readable by the DVD recorder. I haven't so far been able to achieve this. The DVD drive on the PC came with Nero software for burning video, and I can use that to write data to the disk, but I have been unable to find a way to write the disk in a way that the DVD recorder can read. All methods I have tried so far just show the disk as unreadable when I put it into the DVD recorder.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd forget about the RAM media for that.

I'd use -RW media - burn it just like a regular DVD
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know it sounds ridiculous but the Pan doesn't work with RW. I realised this might be a problem when I bought it but it had a 400GB HDD which at the time was easily the biggest available so it was a choice and I came down on the side of the bigger HDD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sadly, it can't be done -I tried to find a way a couple of years ago, and we discussed it here at the time. Not possible I'm afraid
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well , I dont have a ram disc laying about , but ulead videostudio 9 can write to dvd-ram ... whether it would work is another thing in the other unit would need testing .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Nero Vision have you tried Make DVD-> Editable DVD?
    Quote Quote