VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This may have been around the block a bit, I have seen most of these guestions in one form or another over the years.

http://www.oldjoeblack.0nyx.com/thinktst.htm

I missed two and would like to argue both!

The one about the blinds is oppisite to the ones installed at my place. (I cheated and looked up at the blinds to confirm what I already thought, but the answer differed, go figure)

And the Merry go around will reguire a trip to a certian amusement park to confirm for me. (I may just have to bite the bullet on this one)
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got the blinds question right... I don't think I've ever seen that thing on the right side.

When I heard merry go round I pictured those things in parks that kids always got hurt on, but those can spin either way. But they are talking about the ones at carnivals and yes they do always go counterclockwise for some reason. I just rode one recently.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    who the hell knows how many matches are in a standard book? seriously..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heywould3
    who the hell knows how many matches are in a standard book? seriously..

It goes to match how many cigarettes in a pack maybe, or that is what I based my guess on.

There is another question that I always kind of liked about how many cigarettes are in each row of a pack.

I installed all ofthe blinds in my house. Everyone of them has the pull cord on one side and the tilt rod on the other and both of these face the living space but are the oppisite hand of the quiz question/answer.

As for the merry go around, I do agree in hind site that most may go that direction, but there is one that I have in mind that I will have to research.

What I find hard to believe is that the average score is seven. Either I am a friggin genius, or the world is full of stupid people. (and I have to admit that I kind of thought that I was in with the stupid people group)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZAPPER
    I installed all ofthe blinds in my house. Everyone of them has the pull cord on one side and the tilt rod on the other and both of these face the living space but are the oppisite hand of the quiz question/answer.

Haha, you installed the blinds backwards. Just kidding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adam

Haha, you installed the blinds backwards. Just kidding.

Don't think that I haven't thought about that! I don't have any paperwork, but maybe the controls are not supposed to be visable from the living space when the blinds are closed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have any paperwork, but maybe the controls are not supposed to be visable from the living space when the blinds are closed?
    No. I've installed quite a few blinds this summer, with many different brands (home remodeling for a few people). I read the instructions for the possibility of some mildly entertaining engrish, and they all say the same thing. The opening rod is on the left and the pull cord is on the right, facing away from the window.

Here's an example
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh shit! I blew it!

I misread or understood the question.

It was talking about the cord that controls the opening between the slats (what I would call the tilt) well the tilt on my blinds are controled on the left, but not with a cord but rather a rod that rotates. The only cord on my blinds is on the right as you face them from inside of the living space, this cord lifts the blinds.

Well now the universe is gonna cave in
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    20 smokes 20 matches lol that makes sence. duh.. but have you ever tried to light a match. it takes two at least before they stay lit.

I thought the cord and bar for the blinds were suppose to be hidden in the window so you cant see them from in the house.

on mine the answer was correct.
    all the merry go rounds ive ever seen have gone counter clockwise..

do they go clock wise south of the equator? like toilet water lol..
    Quote Quote