VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all i have an avi video that has 12 meg size. I want to change audio of this file only without making the file size so huge. I used Virtualdubmod and followed the following insruction but i end up with huge huge file like 300 meg !! could any one tell me how to dubb without making the size of file too huge. i want this video for youtube .looking forward for reply.
    Virtualdubmod. Streams -> Stream List. Click Add and select your new audio. Click on the old audio and click on Disable. Save th new clip using Direct Stream Copy mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The key is to use direct stream for video and audio. If you have video set to direct stream, any size change is due to different audio file sizes.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    The key is to use direct stream for video and audio. If you have video set to direct stream, any size change is due to different audio file sizes.

/Mats
    Thank you for you reply. the audio that i want to add is mp3 and it is around 3 meg. I am currentling dubbing and i see the files size is increasing beyond 700 meg!!! is it compressing it at the end?

could you tell me how to use direct stream? how to set to video to direct stream? My whole intention is that after dubbing the file size dosn't exceed too much since i want to upload it to youtube and it takes time for 60 meg above file size!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After you have added your audio stream, right-click and select compression -> Direct Stream. Click OK, the click on File -> Save As. Make suer that the mode in the save as dialogue is set to Direct Stream as well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote