VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I seems that just about every time I play an AVI or a DVD through Media Player Classic, it always show subtitles and no matter what I do, I can't turn them off. To make things worse, it shows like two different subtitles on top of each other (like as if it is showing the DVD subtitles and the MPC is pulling subtitles from somewhere else). I really want to get rid of any and all subtitles. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a subtitle program like VobSub installed and your player also has a subtitle option, you can end up with two sets of subtitles. Turn one or both off.

This would happen with a video with a separate subtitle file, usually in the same folder as the video. Some videos off the net have hard subs that are encoded with the video and those can't be turned off. They would also not have a separate subtitle file most times. I don't use MPC that much, but it should have a option to turn off the subtitle display, most all players do. Look in 'Preferences or Options', whichever it has.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, I've uninstalled and reinstalled MPC and uncheck like "VobSub" in the setup, but I'm still getting the same problem.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try: In "Options"->"Playback", uncheck "Auto-load subtitles"

Don't know if that will work for you or not - it was just a related option I found while poking through the options screen.

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  5. hey.
    go to view/options/misc.,2nd. box down uncheck.
    go to external filters,look on right side for'vob',highlight,on right side check BLOCK.click apply exit and restart.
    dennis
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by dennisdf View Post
    hey.
    go to view/options/misc.,2nd. box down uncheck.
    go to external filters,look on right side for'vob',highlight,on right side check BLOCK.click apply exit and restart.
    dennis
    Hey man, that had been driving me nuts. Thank you for a solution that finally does the job! I hope the knowledge sticks.
    Quote Quote