VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    After a 30-second load attempt, I get a 'NO DISC' prompt. If anybody has good luck, please explain what burning software you used and how it was configured.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. DL quality matters - a lot. Only use Verbatim discs.

2. Imgburn is the best burning program for DVD Video.

3. DL compatibility is substantially lower than single layer playback, especially in player more than 12 months old, but even in newer kit.

4. There is no guaranteed solution to your problem
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To add to guns1inger's excellent post, I would further state that you should ONLY use DVD+R DL discs and skip the bogus DVD-R DL format altogether. I tested some DVD-R DL discs and I wasn't impressed. My DVD player had issues with them, but they played fine on a PC. I rarely have issues with DVD+R DL Verbatim discs. You should be aware that DVD-R DL requires very special settings to burn correctly. I don't know if anything other than ImgBurn can burn them correctly or not and even ImgBurn requires some settings that deviate from the defaults to burn DVD-R DL discs correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I tried ImgBurn and it played in my player. The problem with ImgBurn is that there are so many options to adjust and I don't understand what half of them mean. So I'm going to keep looking for other software. If I absolutely need ImgBurn, it will be a pain in the neck trying to learn and understand all its options and what they mean.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Big C
    I tried ImgBurn and it played in my player. The problem with ImgBurn is that there are so many options to adjust and I don't understand what half of them mean.
    Sounds like since the DVD played fine, you don't need to adjust or learn any of the options. ImgBurn works quite well with the default settings, but does have options that allow the more knowledgeable person more control over the process. There's a lot of options I don't understand or tweak, but in 2 years of using it I have yet to burn a coaster.

It simply works; I'd suggest keep using it, and explore the options as time permits.

There's guides & FAQs at the ImgBurn forums: http://forum.imgburn.com/ to help you along as well.

Happy burning!

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Indeed! ImgBurn's default settings have been 100% successful so far. As far as the Verbatim-Vs-Writek/Ritek(Sp?) war, I got great results with Memorex, a Writek/Ritek(sp?)-based brand. I know many have complained about them, but due to a somewhat immediate requirement for about fourty DLs and a tight budget, I really had no other choice and was lucky. Also, I do believe that some users have better luck than others because there are three factors--the software, the discs, and the drive(s) used. (My drives happen to be two of the Lite-On LH-20A1P. Much better than the popular Plextor in my opinion.
    Quote Quote