VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

Im running Winxp Pro with Parallels, i have a copy of windows vista ultimate. which im trying to use in Parallels, Vista will install fine though i cant seem to get the internet to work correctly.

So far ive setup Parallels host-guest nic on my system, and installed the tools on the vista image. im using the default ip that Parallels had setup. On vista i went into the options and changed the ip address to match what Parallels used from there guide. no luck, has anyone had any luck setting it up, or know of a guide or something.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Never heard of Parallels.

Geting anything pre-existing to work with Vista is a total crapshoot. Low-level, complicated software is a more advanced version of this, you get covered with crap and then hope someone else would shoot you.

Is there some good reason you have decided to complicate your life by attempting to use Vista?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Parallels is the "run OSX/Windows simultaneously" app.
    Quote Quote  
  4. just something to mess around with. i decided after trying to get it work long enough im not gonna bother. it may have something to do with my firewall blocking it. ill hopefully get a chance to fix it, if not ill just use vmware
    Quote Quote