VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I've downloaded a new firmware for my DVD-P370 and followed the instructions how to update the firmware but it does not work! The DVD player does not recognize the update disc...
    I've buned 10 cd's in every combination but it didn't help.

Has anyone a idea?

Here's the firmware (czech samsung site): http://www.samsung.com/cz/Support/ProductSupport/Download/Model_Select.aspx?type=DVD+P...e=FM&language=

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are usually very specific settings in your burning app that need to be changed. At least from what I remember when I performed the update on my Philips.

If you are using Nero, try the settings here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic271355.html?sid=ce5b6987216e9fcb457333b9e374af8a#1320169
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just tried it and it doesn't work

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not all players can be flashed. First I would ensure you have the correct files for YOUR SPECIFIC player. Second, the instructions are provided on the link you supplied.

There is likely one of two possible issues: you are burning the disc incorrectly or the player cannot be flashed.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i don't think I'm burning the disc incorrectly because i tried EVERYTHING, no more options left...

I know a few people who have this player too and they can't flash it too, is there a way to ensure the player is un-flashable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First, unless you are having a specific issue with the player and know for sure that the new firmware corrects the issue, you shouldn't be flashing the player.

Second, if the flash fails, the player could be unusable AND you void the warranty.

If after reading and understanding all of the above, then your next step is to contact tech support. If the player can be flashed and a new firmware is available, they will tell you where to get it and how to do it.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote