VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have converted video files from CDR to DVDR using the Untitled project (DVD-Video) -
    Nero Vision programme on Nero 7

Some reason there is a loss of quality on the DVDR

Is there any other programme i could try

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this forum link. The tools are free. This method will extract the video offf the CDR without any need to re-encode, hence it gives a perfect copy in MPEG compliant file. Then use any DVD Authoring software to make the DVD and make menus if you want them. I haven't used it in a while, but it worked great for me.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic141726.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nero is probably re-encoding your video. You give us no info on what your source is. SVCD is not valid for DVD. VCD video is valid for DVD and doesn't have to be re-encoded, but the audio has to be upsampled to 48 KHz. Nero is infamous for re-encoding even when it shouldn't have to.

It would have been really nice for you to have given us more info and not made us try to guess what your intentions were. If you are trying to move VCD or SVCD to DVD, the free DVD2SVCDMPG program might be just what you are looking for.

If you are converting Divx files to DVD, then you'll need some Divx to DVD tools. Search in the Tools section for such programs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, many DVD players will fully support non-compliant SVCD formats directly with no need to re-encode and will also upsample the audio. Panasonic are some of the most "flexible" players out there, but you can link here to find a complete list of players that fully support SVCD:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

The method I outlined in my previous post above will convert SVCD to MPEG that can be authored on DVD-R and played on players that support SVCD without the need to re-encode
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I should add that the if you use the DVD player list, select the box for DVD-MPEGISO under video formats to generate a list of compatable players
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    It would have been really nice for you to have given us more info and not made us try to guess what your intentions were. If you are trying to move VCD or SVCD to DVD, the free DVD2SVCDMPG program might be just what you are looking for.
    I completely botched the name. I meant SVCD2DVDMPG. Sorry.
    Quote Quote