VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9753804-7.html?tag=nefd.only

Hitachi jumped to the front of the Blu-ray camcorder race this morning, announcing two camcorders that can record video at up to 1920x1080-pixel resolution on 8-centimeter Blu-ray discs. Both models, the DZ-BD7H and the DZ-BD70, include 5.3-megapixel CMOS sensors developed by AltaSens of Thousand Oaks, California. When recording video, the camcorders will use up to 2.07 megapixels (or 1920x1080), but will use up to 4.32-megapixels when capturing 4:3 still images. Both models will also sport 10X optical zoom lenses, 2.7-inch LCDs, and will be able to fit about one hour of 1920x1080 footage, or two hours of 1440x1080 video, on single-sided, single-layer BD-R/-RE discs, according to Hitachi.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting but I don't understand the Bluray connection.

These are yet another 1440x1080 HD MPEG 4 AVC/H.264 hard disk camcorder but can copy to an expensive Bluray DVD media? I guess they assume the user has a Bluray player but not a computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It also burns to DVDs and DVD-RAM

I wonder if it will play from the DVD rive too?
    If so, it would become your HD player/Recorder
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stiltman
    It also burns to DVDs and DVD-RAM

I wonder if it will play from the DVD rive too?
    If so, it would become your HD player/Recorder
    I think I'd rather have these features in an HD DVD recorder separate from a camcorder. I like the idea of a hard drive camcorder but I don't like the concept of editing and DVD authoring in the camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't mention the recording length. Are 8centimeter discs those tiny half size ones?? I can't imagine getting more than a half hour on one of those at 1080p. Does it say it can even do p or is it i only?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and will be able to fit about one hour of 1920x1080 footage, or two hours of 1440x1080 video, on single-sided, single-layer BD-R/-RE discs, according to Hitachi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks heywould didn't see that. Better than I had thought.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote