VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there such an animal? (freeware)

Seems like a bit of a pain to load up titleset blanker, look at the file sizes to figure which is video, find those files in windows explorer and drag them into powerdvd to figure out if they can be deleted or not. Then after blanking out a bunch of vobs, load up dvdshrink again and reencode...

or

was pondering paying $50 (onsale price) and buying dvdfab platinum, just so I could easily/simply customize my dvds for backup. Since I use the free version to rip down the entire dvd to start off with. Even though this program is ugly as hell and really needs better looking skin

The top option I use to save time, instead of loading the dvd9 into dvdshrink and compress to still image...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can do all that in DVD Shrink using the preview. No need to screwing around loading bits here and there and looking at sizes. Shrink shows you everything you need to know.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never had any problem myself previewing title sets in VobBlanker Blanking is only a partial solution though, blanked title sets should also be bypassed using PGCedit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Preview functions for everything are unbeatable in DVDRemake. It also allows to use delete key after selecting a VTS in DVD tree if you know what to edit after this (and you get to know it after some experience). The things to edit are automatically highlighted in red. No need to keep those blank files eating chapter numbers (when you blank out the first half of the disc). I don't blank ('hide' there) things anymore, just delete and adjust (in many cases to keep navigation it is enough to simply delete anything highlighted in red).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    I can do all that in DVD Shrink using the preview. No need to screwing around loading bits here and there and looking at sizes. Shrink shows you everything you need to know.
    I can, but the problem is with that method, dvdshrink takes forever to re-encode the extras (instead of just deleting them out). Also the 'image' plays for as long as the extra was. Ex if the behind the scenes was 30mins, then if I click on that in the menu, it will have the same frame playing for 30mins (also deleting out saves much more space). Blanking it out completely and setting to 0 seconds instead of the default 3, the menu buttons don't do anything (don't even have to disable them).

I guess I should have been a bit more specific

Dvdremake.... hmmm I see it is only $25, might give it a try. Seems that dvdrb pro is very slow intially in the prepare phase and compression half the time seems to be way way more then dvdshrink... Saying that, hopefully I don't need the pro version of dvd remake

Thanks, I'll check that out
    Quote Quote