VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I'm new to this site but have been reading and searching the forums for the Pioneer DVR-510H data disc GGV1179. I see a lot of mentions of this file, but haven't been able to download it from any of the torrent sites listed. Can anyone reply if they have a known working download or PM me with the file.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was pleased to make a donation in support of Hkan's http://pioneerfaq.info site and he helped me with this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but how much do you have to donate? And how do you get the file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought about what I typically spend for shareware. Send an email to Hkan or private message him on this site for more info. Sorry for sounding mysterious but there isn't anything I can do but point you to someone I know from experience can help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Frobozz!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer DVR-530H-S fw3.56 400GB HDD
    discoverer of 2nd hidden menu
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    kofola, downloads are dead. Because they are moronic third party file upload sites they limit you to one download at a time with a minimum of an hour between downloads. The data disc is well over a gig and I spent the last couple of days downloading from the second link FileFactory only to find that the file was corrupt. The first link, Zshare, doesn't work and the third link, to download a mix of files that will combine to be an image of the data disc, I'm relucntant to try due to this last experience.

Where the fu#$ can I find this data disc cd? I've been searching everywhere!

Everyone seems to point back to this site (http://www.dvdboard.de/forum/showthread.php?t=121319) but most of it is in German and the links are dead.............................................. ...................................
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the love of god if anyone knows where I find this disc please email me at mib@aci.on.ca
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Links status
    zShare - realy strange, maybe not working
    FileFactory - some files temporarily not downloadable, but generaly working
    RapidShare - working

Note1: Choose RapidShare or Filefactory
    Note2: You can buy DVD if you don't like this download links
    Note3: No money = No funny
    Quote Quote  
  10. soma56, the days of "downloading" this disc image are over. The file is ridiculously huge and at some point the download fails for 90% of those who try it, and this was years ago when it was more widely posted. Today its hopeless, what with all the crass money-grubbing and adware crap the torrent sites try to stick you with. So don't bother. Just posting here should result in someone PMing you with a solution. If you don't hear from another member, do what the rest of us do when we need help with anything Pioneer: contact Hakan (known here as Hkan) and ask him about it. He will get back to you as soon as he can with a solution. Either send him a PM via this forum, or send an email to his website help desk: supportATpioneerfaqDOTinfo. While it is true that the pioneerfaq website is tricky to navigate and mostly in Dutch, if you look carefully at the lefthand sidebar you will see icons of the British and Dutch flags. Selecting the British flag switches the page you're reading to English, very well translated.

Note the 1179 disc has been updated many times by Pioneer and is long superceded. It was designed for the 510-era models, later discs work with later models but are still compatible with the 510. The last one I saw was number 1256. Just make sure any disc you end up with is a "Type 1" disc, "Type2" discs are for the 2006 and later Pioneers (640 etc).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    orsetto:
    take closer look to flag, Hakan's country is Sweden not Dutch
    go back to school!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by kofola
    orsetto:
    take closer look to flag, Hakan's country is Sweden not Dutch
    go back to school!
    My mind was clouded by having too many friends from Finland

So sorry, Hkan!
    Quote Quote  
  13. No worries!
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I was able to finally download the RapidShare files, extracted burned it as an image (several times) and it still doesn't work in my player.

GGV1179 510h

What now? Although I've search relentlessly on the internet and torrent sites I keep ending up in this forum. Some users have stated in posts that they would gladly upload the cd for (providing ftp space) however their posts are months old and don't imagine they'll be checking their accounts anytime soon.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Being quite fluent with the torrent sites, peer to peer, newgroups, etc. I have found that there is less then half a dozen places on the internet to find this specific service disc. The links provided through this forum did not work for me.

I did find one old torrent that I'm downloading now. Surprisingly, it has one seed..

from Sweden.

I wonder if Hkam had anything to do with this.

Looks like I'll find out in the morning if it downloads successfully as it is doing so quite quickly. Extracting and burning is another issue. Seeing if it actually works is Nirvana. For anyone else, like me, that may have been searching relentlessly for this service disk, tried the download links in this thread and found that they didn't work you can try this torrent:

Pioneer_DVR-X3XH_MultiRegion_Hack.3409082.TPB

From, those crazy anti-copyright mofo's in Sweden at the Pirate Bay, at:

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3264814

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3427370/Pioneer_DVR_220_region_free

I get mixed reaction from both torrents. Some people claim success while others don't. Both seem to load the same torrent although one specifies 220 while the other specifies 520-720. Comments about 433 are in there as well with both positive feedback praising success to the gods and negative feedback announcing failure to the world. Positive feedback from even DVR-630H-S. That being said I'm quite certain this is the right procedure after you've extracted and burned the image as I found in another post:

+++++++++
    1. Switch on the recorder, open the disc tray, and insert the mod disc. DO NOT close the disc tray!
    2. Press & hold "STOP RECORDING" & then press "OPEN/CLOSE" - the disc tray will close, release the buttons.
    3. After 1 minute the disc tray will open. Take out the disc. DO NOT close the disc tray!
    4. Now step away from the unit and allow the software update to take place. The display will show DOWNLOAD-1 followed by DOWNLOAD-2.
    5. DOWNLOAD-3 should be displayed soon after, followed by DOWNLOAD-4 and DOWNLOAD-5 and to DOWNLOAD-4 again. After around 5 minutes the disc tray will close and the recorder will switch off.
    6. Switch the recorder back on .
    7. Switch the recorder back off, the upgrade is complete.
    ++++++++++

Crossing my fingers. The time I've spent on this I could have bought a car by now but that's the way it goes. I hope I help atleast one person out there trying to find such obscure information as this finds it helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Dont use stuff from Piratebay on your DVR!
    I'm sure the GGV1179 you found and downloaded works just fine!
    I think you have burnt the disc the wrong way!
    First of all, dont use a DVD-RW, it will not work!
    Then put the disc you burnt in to the PC and then have a look at the disc.
    Can you see anything on the disc?
    If yes, then you have burnt it the wrong way!
    If it appears to be empty, then you have burnt it the right way and the version is to old for your DVR!

And no I dont have anything to do with piratebay!
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I appreciate your options but what other options do I have? This isn't for a PC it's for a pioneer 520H-S. The first image I download through this thread (rapidshare) came up as empty when loaded into the DVR. There's only so many ways you can burn an image. Usually when there are errors that can't be seen then burning at a slower rate fixes the issue. The image that I received through kofola is 1.81 gigs. The 'service' disc through the Pirate Bay is 306 MB. There was an NFO in the download which reads as follows:

+++++++++++++++
    Bränn disc-image på CD-R:

NRG med NERO
    http://www.nero.com/
    BIN & CUE med CDRWIN
    http://www.goldenhawk.com/

Gör din PIONEER DVR-630H/DVR-530H/DVR-433H REGIONSFRI:

Slå på DVD´n.
    Tryck OPEN/CLOSE.
    Sätt i skivan, stäng inte släden.
    Tryck & håll in REC STOP.
    Tryck på OPEN/CLOSE, släden åker in släpp knapparna.
    Efter en stund kommer skivan ut, ta ut den men stäng INTE släden.
    Efter en stund åker släden in & DVD´n stänger av sig.
    Nu är det klart.
    ++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps someone here would be inclined to translate.

With respect to kofola's download, it extracts without issues and burns without issues. I've mounted it with daemon tools and was not able to access any data (read from the dvd). If you have any suggestions on how I can burn it differently I'm open to suggestions. Again, in the player, following the guidlines here for changing the DVD region, it doesn't work. I've mounted and burned the image different ways and different speeds however I'm ready to hear what I'm doing wrong. My only alternative is to try the service disc downloaded from the Pirate Bay or fork out cash to change the region. I'd rather drift throughout the net over the next while looking for an online hack then the latter.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and was not able to access any data (read from the dvd)
    It's OK for this GGV1179. With this DVD I successfully upgrade my DVR-530H from 160GB to 400GB.
    GGV1179 is readable only by Pioneer DVD recorders.

The 'service' disc through the Pirate Bay is 306 MB
    It isn't service disc, it's probably Region-free-firmware-disc for 630/530/433.
    I never try to use this disc, look somewhere in internet forums.

Best way is download official firmware from Pioneer site (www.pioneer.eu) and for missing models (or region-free) try www.pioneerfaq.info (Hkan's site)
    Quote Quote  
  19. @soma56

What is it your trying to do?
    Replace HD or make your DVR multiregional?

msot of the people that burn the ID Data disc from a NRG image and fail is actually just putting the NRG file it self on the DVD-+R disc.
    Then the ID Data Disc will not work
    Thats why I asked you to tell whats on the disc when you look at it in a PC.

the translatíon you wanted is just whats between
    +++++++++++++++++
    and
    +++++++++++++++++
    in your postinf above!
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  20. The service discs all run at least 1.5 gigs or more. The 510 is an ancient model by Pioneer standards, and it works just fine with the first service disc which was indeed the GGV1179. Burning this image from the torrent sites is a nightmare for most who try: as Hkan says, its supposed to be "invisible" if you do it correctly, which just completely throws people. I suggest speaking offline with Hkan, he has contacts in several countries who can sometimes help find you an actual disc, which is by far the best way to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    soma56, the days of "downloading" this disc image are over. The file is ridiculously huge and at some point the download fails for 90% of those who try it, and this was years ago when it was more widely posted. Today its hopeless, what with all the crass money-grubbing and adware crap the torrent sites try to stick you with. So don't bother. Just posting here should result in someone PMing you with a solution. If you don't hear from another member, do what the rest of us do when we need help with anything Pioneer: contact Hakan (known here as Hkan) and ask him about it. He will get back to you as soon as he can with a solution. Either send him a PM via this forum, or send an email to his website help desk: supportATpioneerfaqDOTinfo. While it is true that the pioneerfaq website is tricky to navigate and mostly in Dutch, if you look carefully at the lefthand sidebar you will see icons of the British and Dutch flags. Selecting the British flag switches the page you're reading to English, very well translated.

Note the 1179 disc has been updated many times by Pioneer and is long superceded. It was designed for the 510-era models, later discs work with later models but are still compatible with the 510. The last one I saw was number 1256. Just make sure any disc you end up with is a "Type 1" disc, "Type2" discs are for the 2006 and later Pioneers (640 etc).
    Hello, would you pls tell me how I can download or buy GGV1179 ? thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Did you try emailing Hkan at PioneerFaq website as noted above?

(supportATpioneerfaqDOTcom)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've been away from the forums for a long while but I still have my DVR-520h and DVR-220. Many years ago I downloaded the Pioneer Service Disc in NRG format (Nero) 1,907,745 KB from Hkan. I checked my NAS and found the Pioneer folder, I found Pioneer Service Disc in RAR format parts 1 through 20 & the Pioneer_Service_Disc.nrg file. I just used WinRar (Free Version) to extract RAR files 1 - 20 into a test folder and watched as WinRar automatically extracted the 1st RAR file all the way through to the 20th RAR file. When I checked the test folder I found the Pioneer_Service_Disc.nrg file sitting there (1,907,745 KB) so success.
    My Pioneer folder also contained the Pioneer-DVR-520 Service Manual in PDF, Pioneer DVR-650 Replacing HHD_X4XH(X).PDF, Operating Instructions DVR-320-S.PDF, and a file called Service.ccf.

Now, I don't want to step on any toes here but I can make these files available because I want to help people and not subject them to Torrent sites. I still support HKan and his website and encourage people to donate.

So that being said, does anyone have a problem with me making these files available for download from my private FTP site? Am I breaking any laws? Does anyone care?

Thanks
    Gary
    P.S. I still have a Brand New Teac (direct replacement Burner) for a 520h all you have to do is swap the circuit board.
    Last edited by psymaster; 21st Aug 2017 at 15:18. Reason: forgot something.
    IBUYPOWER I7 16GB, Ebuntu 16 system, Pioneer DVR-520H, Pioneer DVR-225, Phillips DVR-3567H, Teac replacement drives for DVR-107xa
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    psymaster: Can you send GGV1179 to my mail (artur@stankiewicz.warszawa.pl) by WeTransfer pls? I need change hdd in my old DVR-520H. Help pls.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    pls can anyone tell me where i can find pioneer dvd recorder data disc GGV1179 for my DVR 5100

my e mail is kemetmueller.at@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 664kemi View Post
    pls can anyone tell me where i can find pioneer dvd recorder data disc GGV1179 for my DVR 5100

my e mail is kemetmueller.at@gmail.com
    https://chomikuj.pl/Kapciek/PIONEER+ID+DATA+DISC+GGV1256+GGV1179
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    thank you very much but is GGV1179 and GGV1256 the same? can i use it?

on this link is only GGV1256
    Quote Quote  
  28. GGV1256 is a newer updated revision of GGV1179. It works just as well or better than GGV1179 for the x10, x20 and x30 model Pioneer DVRs. Your 5100 was a model number variant of the more common 510 recorder, they are identical: the 5100 can use the GGV1256 no problem.

GGV1179 is the oldest, original Service ID Data Disc version for pre-2006 models but hasn't been actively circulated among owners in a very long time. Most files of it available on the web came from suspicious sources, and are corrupt or damaged. So the newer GGV1256 is preferable if you can get that instead (most links to GGV1256 were sourced from the reputable but now gone PioneerFAQ site).

See my complete instructions for the proper way to replace HDD of Pioneer recorders in this other recent VH thread (that discussion relates to the newer DVR-450 recorder but the CPRM/Service Disc instructions are exactly the same for your 5100). Many of the links to instructions found on random websites are unclear about specific aspects of the process: it needs to be done exactly as I describe or it often fails. The most important thing to remember is DON'T close the tray after your 5100 ejects the service disc: take out the disc, then turn off the recorder with the power button instead. As it turns off, your 5100 will automatically close the tray itself and finish its CPRM reset. If you make the common mistake of closing the tray before power off, you might interrupt the process which will then fail (requiring you start all over again).

If you are NOT planning to completely remove and replace the HDD in your 5100, but just want to try resetting the CPRM first, you can skip from Step 1 (write down the CPRM code number you find on the back panel) to Step 13 (begin the Service Remote + Service Disc process). Note probability is 50/50 you will need to replace the HDD: typically when the 5100 begins showing CPRM errors with its original HDD, it means that HDD is failing from age/use. The 5100 can take any standard EIDE hard drive you would use in an older computer, it doesn't need to be a brand new HDD but should be good working condition and erased before installing in your 5100.
    Last edited by orsetto; 27th Mar 2021 at 12:22.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    ok i am a television technican since 45 years and i think i have no problem with handling you descibed many thanks again and greetings from Graz austria manfred
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    now i tried to download the files but it is not possible to pay the download from austria in any form no Visa no Paypal i also tried this no response is there any other way to get the files
    i will pay for it LG Manfred

ONLINE BANKING VOM 27.03 UM 17:43
    Empfänger: Dotpay sp. z o.o.
    Verwendungszweck: M3729-07556 Dodatkowy transfer 44 GB -2,00 EUR
    IBAN Empfänger PL12 1050 0161 6247 0103 7290 7556
    BIC Empfänger INGBPLPWXXX
    Empfänger 30-552 Krakow
    Valutadatum 29.03.2021
    Quote Quote