VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am usually pretty good with computer things but I have run in to a problem I can't seem to solve. I am trying to get movies off of an RCA 8 mm camcorder for my grandparents. I have a JVC GR-D30 and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work as a pass through device. I have all the necessary cards and cables so I do not think that is the problem. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your camera can't do analog to digital passthrough. no analog in only out.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're sure of this?? And if so what is a good camera to get that will do this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the JVC GR-D90 and I can do that. After looking at the manual, which also covers the D30 model, it appears that your camcorder will not do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Analogue-to-digital pass through used to be common with DV camcorders but is appearing less & less on newer models, so much so that I've simply stopped looking for it & just got a ADSTech A/V link device that will do the job. If you really want a camcorder, the Canon Elura 100/MVX460i is a good model to consider.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote