VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the deal.
    I have a tv episode that is dubbed. You can hear the english dialogue and the russian "over" that. What I would like to know if its possible to somehow just "mute" or lower the russian dialogue so that only the english can be heard. It doesnt need to be perfect. Any kind of help.. What software to use or tutorial.. ThanX
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wouldn't English be on the left channel and Russian on the right(or vise versa)? If it is simply overdubbed on both left AND right I believe you are out of luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many Russian and eastern European discs have the English audio with a native speaking interpreter/narrator running over the top. Very different to the dual-audio discs popular in Asia.

Unfortunately there is pretty much nothing you can do to remove the narration. You can try something like AnalogX's Vocal Remover (works in Sound Forge etc) which will probably remove most of the narration, but also a lot of the rest of the audio as well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's a DVD, there's a chance you'll have the original sound track as well, click the "audio" button on the DVD remote and see if there are any other soundtracks available.

I've got a few Russian-made DVDs where the default soundtrack is Russian-dubbed, or overdubbed like yours, but they have the original soundtrack as an alternate.
    Quote Quote