VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried everything! I tried looking for solutions and I finnaly tried formatting my HDD and re installing Vista Buisness 32Bit edition
    I'm running:
    1x GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    1x Dual Core AMD 63Bit 4800+ Processor
    2x 1GB DDRII Ram Total 2

Xvid4PSP will not fully convert a video for me it just shuts down in the middle even after the format
    Formatting did fix a couple things like I can use 3Gp properly however it not recently just shutdown on me
    I can now use Netflix instant movie viewer when I could not before
    BUT WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
    Now either Vista just got me a update that sucks and screws with things or peopple are lying cause a couple said I have Vista and can run Xvid fine! What am I suppose to do I can't use Xvid or 3GP and I doubt PSPvideo9 wont shutdown within time
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People (users) , either know it works , or a having a speculated guess from what they have been able to locate in relation to vista .

There's also many issues between intel and amd dual cores which popup .

Have you tried :

A: Run program required ... do not do anything yet .
    B: Ctrl + alt + dell (task manager)
    C: Locate program in running tasks
    D: Right click on it , and you should get an option box

It allows you to set the process's priority , and wether it is to be run using dual processors or one only .

I have trouble with dvdshrink if dual processors are used ... never a problem if core id is 0 (first up)

It might just help with xvid4psp ... but then , when it comes to such tools , if there is anything not quite right with the clip being converted , these can cause such problems .

There is also the issue between the different versions of vista , which needs to be checked out as well .

I'll note , that my issue is under xp pro with dual core intel , but vista should still support the task manager theory ... just the vista system I have tested is another users , and its not here right now .

Vista should support programs running in "compatability mode" as well : http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/bf416877-c83f-4476-a3da-8ec98dcf5f101033.mspx

Then there's uac deal : http://lifehacker.com/software/vista/windows-vista-tip--disable-annoying-need-your-per...pts-230866.php

You are now known as a "administrator" for the current pc ... well , since xp came out , and its up to you to keep a close eye on those updates from ms ... some are well known right screwups , which cause havoc .

And watch that retarded program ...xvid4psp ... uninstalling it can mess with other products as it deregisters many codecs and filters ... its bad news , dont touch it .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MM Xvid is retarted? I will look into that :P but I think setting it to only 1 worked I guess two cores are not ment for converters really.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Xvid4PSP as far as I can tell uses mencoder for encoding. Should work even without Xvid installed.
    Quote Quote