VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD of some home footage and the main menu is terrible. It's hard to read, the colors are awful, difficult to navigate and see any of the icons.

Is there a program specifically designed so I can change menus and make my own? I don't want to mess with anything else, just the main menu.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on how the menus were made. There are programs like MenuEdit, which can be used to turn things on and off or to edit the overlay text, however some menus have the options in the background graphic, which can't be easily changed.

Often, for static menus, the simplest option is to re-author the main menu using something like TDA, or GUIForDVDAuthor if you want a free option. VOB2MPG can be used to extract the video files from the existing DVD structure.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it's a simple background with 1 chapter thumbnail. Next to the thumbnail it has text of information (date, time, etc.). It's all ugly and very hard to see. I would like to remove all this and have a nice simple background with one button/thumbnail for the chapter(s).

So what would be the best method for this?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDA
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote