VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought in reading various forums that I had seen at one time that although DVDShrink was no longer being updated, someone had somehow added the capability to set DVDShrink to burn automatically with ImgBurn the same way it can be set to burn automatically with Nero.

Is this possible?

I have historically used this feature and burned all my DVDs with Nero, but now I am occasionally using dl discs and want to use ImgBurn instead.

TIA

SMK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not natively. There was a way to fake it, and there is a modified version that will use imgburn, but why do you need to tie them together ?

Imgburn doesn't require an ISO, so you don't need Shrink to create one.

You require the same amount of HDD space if you burn directly, so why not have Shrink write to the HDD first, then burn with Imgburn afterwards. This gives you a chance to test the results before committing them to a burn.

Anyways, here is a little light reading for you : http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=59242
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not actually for me, and I agree that there is no reason to go directly from Shrink to ImgBurn. The reason I ask is that I am helping a friend get started on backing up DVDs. He doesn't have Nero, and I thought a "one-step" process would be easier for him just starting out. He is not interested in using DVD-9's and wants to shrink everything. I thought he could use Shrink and not have to output to his HDD before burning. It would just eliminate one step.

Thanks again.

SMK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How is he going to rip ? Apparently, if you can find it, the imgburn enabled shrink has had CSS removal taken out, so it won't rip at all. Even the old version of Shrink doesn't do to well at ripping newer discs.

And honestly, if it is only to act as a burning engine for Shrink, and not be used as a stand-alone burner, you might as well use DVD Decrypter.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are correct. I hadn't thought of just using DVD Decrypter since I never use it for burning.

Thanks a lot.

SMK
    Quote Quote  
  6. DVD Decrypter & DVDshrink are both out of date. Out of date programs don't recognize new drives, new media & new film protections.

DvdFab & imgburn & ripit4me are the new ones.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    DVD Decrypter & DVDshrink are both out of date. Out of date programs don't recognize new drives, new media & new film protections.

DvdFab & imgburn & ripit4me are the new ones.

Thank You Mr. Obvious...but he and everyone else knows that already.
    Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI
    I thought in reading various forums that I had seen at one time that although DVDShrink was no longer being updated
    Quote Quote  
  8. This thread has a download link to the modified version of DVD Shrink that burns with IMGBurn.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/521885

Be sure to read the entire thread to be sure you install it correctly.
    Quote Quote