VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you a morning person?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So are you naturally cheery and upbeat first thing in the morning? I'm not. Now I'm not totally down in the morning its just that I take awhile to come around.

I'd say midmorning is about when I finally come around to feeling like myself. At least on working days I'm best around 10am to lunch time

How about you? (definetly an afternoon person on days off however )
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not even awake until I've had lunch.....
    I can't stand it when I get to the office and people greet me with "good morning" -- there's no such thing. They receive a curt "hello" as I pass right by them.
    Then there are the people who practically sing it "Goood Morrrniiiinng! ", all chipper and happy-like.
    They have absolutely no idea how close they are to having the living shit choked out of them.....
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Goood Morrrniiiinng!
    When I wake up in the morning I'm up and ready to go. Generally about 7AM. (My Dad says there is no 7AM) My best work gets done in the morning and if it ain't done by noon, it probably won't get done 'til tomorrow.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im with Xylob the Destroyer

Now if morning was at 2pm , then Id be fine , but phone me at 9am is just asking for it .

Hell , the bank and post office arent even open to customers befor 9.30am , so why bother me before then .

As robbie williams said on stage ... F off
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ha ha
    Definitely a night owl here...

When it's around midnight and everyone's asleep, I can safely open MSP and curse to my hearts content. Then about 4am, I call it a day and sleep 6 hours when I naturally awake at 10am ready for another day of shooting or whatever.

In the meantime, I like to watch pro baseball players wipe out rounding the bases or go to a MLB game and boo Barry Bonds for fun.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The early bird catches the worm. I even get up at 6 AM on Saturday and Sunday. I can't sleep late (past 7:30 AM that is).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't go to bed untill at least 4to 5 am. I only sleep 5 hours a day. Anything more then that I feel groggy for the first couple of hours i'm awake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    7 a.m. weekdays, but 1 p.m. weekends
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would support any legislation that prohibits people from getting out of bed before 10am.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "are you a morning person..."

hm. I would have to say that I am. My work schedule is on a rotation, which has me working different shifts at a place which runs 24/7. I *never* get up and feel ready to tackle the world or any other delusional ideas... but, I have to concede that when that sun comes up over the horizon, I do get a boost of energy, and do 'feel' better than I do at any other part of the day.

The perverse thing about getting that boost of energy when the sun comes up however is that I really only have the opportunity to see it rise when I am working a graveyard shift.

They say white boys dont have rhythm. If thats the case, my circadian rhythm must be a white boy.
    scratch the surface off a cynic - you will find a disillusioned idealist.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a total night owl too, can NEVER go to bed before my Simpsons & Married with Children reruns... So midnight-one o'clock, usually quite a bit later too. Can't function in the morning without a couple cups of strong coffee.

The calls don't bother me too much in the morning, except when it's telemarketers - or shady bill collectors that are looking people that have never set foot in my house! (more like had my old number; screwed a bank or whatever)...Those kinds of calls make me want to just jam my arm through the phone and choke the idiot on the other end that never leaves messages . Then again those calls would piss me off no matter the time of day.

/me gets a cup of coffee.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am a nite owl myself.

I hate early mornings. I can't function. Even if I sleep like 12 hours (which I sometimes do on the weekends) I still can't function much for the first couple of hours.

But when the sun goes down ... magic baby ... magic.

There is a certain magic that happens at night ... especially late at night.

You can walk around and pretend that you are the only one alive and are the last man (or woman) on the planet. You feel special. All the dumb fucks are sleeping because they have to get up at 6am - 7am to go to some job like little lemmings all while you get to enjoy the magic of the night.

Then the weekend ends and you have to go to work LOL

Of course I don't have to be at work until 12:15pm so most days I don't wake until 9:15pm and trust me it would be later if it were not for the lack of a steady bus service. I have to catch a 10:35am bus to be at work on time even though that gets me there a good 1 hour early yet the next bus comes so much later I would be late.

My favorite job was one where I worked 3:30pm to Midnight. I normally didn't go to bed until 5am and that still gave me 8 hours of sleep as it only took me about 30 minutes to drive to/from work (gotta love jobs in the suburbs with free parking).

In fact since I've stayed up super late (now 5:27am) I probably will be calling off of work tomorrow ... hell I get paid for it ... and I got to enjoy what was a fine evening. Of course I could go to bed now but that will give me all of 3 hours and 45 minutes of sleep and I just won't be able to function with that little amount.

As a side note ... I seriously think we work way too many hours in the USA. The average work day should be 6 hours a day and the average work week should be 4 days a week. Even when I do get proper sleep (8 hours or so a night) I still feel like a zombie ALL the ******* time because by the time I get home from work I am so f'ing tired I can't do much of anything ... or enjoy it. I could take a nap but with so few hours in the day by the time I wake from a nap I have to go to sleep.

I was talking to a friend of mine about dolphins this weekend and how some have said that they are extremely intelligent ... perhaps even more so than humans. My friend said they are definitely smarter since all they do is eat, **** and have fun.

Society for humans has basically evolved into making us docile slaves ... working some "job" to make a little bit of money to get by ... and often times barely just get by.

So when I'm walking around at 1am and feeling all alone ... in a good way ... while the dumb fucks are asleep because they have to be up in 5 hours ... it's all very refreshing. I feel "divorced" from it all. Happy.

How's all that for my answer?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "In the day nothing matters.
    It's the night time that flatters."

Laura is correct, the day is just for business and other matters that *support* the
    things you actually enjoy in your life. Night is when the important things happen,
    like family, loves, socializing, and hobbies (video editing).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's no such thing as morning. It's a dream I tell you, just a bad dream.......

at least until the coffee is flowing.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used to work in a sattelite center Midnight to 8am
    Best Hours I've been scheduled
    and in 1982 , I earned $500 a week with night differential
    That was the best! Better still my wife would stay awake to greet me!

Now I work freelance as making your own schedule is even better
    NIGHT TIME IS THE BEST TIME

Just look at all your files.
    The good ones were DATE CREATED between evening and daybreak , weren't they?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Time for a dissenting opinion. I get up at 4 AM weekdays, or 5 AM at latest. It gives me time to savor my first quart of coffee, then it's the jobsite at dawn. That's how it is in this business, Zapper will attest to it as well, I'm sure. Weekends I sleep in to 6 AM. No, really.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    But when the sun goes down ... magic baby ... magic.

There is a certain magic that happens at night ... especially late at night.

You can walk around and pretend that you are the only one alive and are the last man (or woman) on the planet. You feel special. All the dumb fucks are sleeping because they have to get up at 6am - 7am to go to some job like little lemmings all while you get to enjoy the magic of the night.
    LMAO!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a morning person, I usually wake up at around 7:45
    Quote Quote