VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is that screen? I'll try to get a picture if i can. But this screen pops and then shuts my laptop down. Its BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) Stop Error. IT shuts off my laptop then my laptop wont turn on anymore. All my lights just flash. I hear its a hardware failure, could be.
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the battery out , leave it for 15 seconds , then shove it back in .

Could be just a defective battery connection , check for leaks , but do what I have mentioned , and report back .

Could be the poor thing has a dust ball problem causing an overheating issue ... so what model is it ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Its a Dell Latitude C600. I've had it for a while now, I got it fresh when it came out, always been maintaining it, and getting it checked up. I have a new one (Macbook and Toshiba Satellite) but it really sucks having my old dell broken down.
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  4. that link that nakamater put had my anti virus programs freaking out. Lol i had two programs reporting there was either spyware or a virus on that site lol.
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay yeah i tried that and it did not work. When i'm starting up the only button it would let me press is F8 and then it wont even let me go to Safe Mode.
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you knew what the error is , it would be handy .

The only other thing to try would be a complete disassembly of the unit , except the screen .

Have a look over here : http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_dell.html

Almost everything you need to know about pulling it apart ... and putting it back together .

Seeings how you can access F8 function , it sounds as though either :

A: Its a furball fault ... disassemble to clear .
    B: The harddrive has developed a fault (one of many) , or
    C: The os has suffered one of many problems and is unable to load correctly .

But also need to know the os its running to help further .

If comes down to an issue with the mainboard , it would be just as simple as getting another one , now that there cheap .

Mines an exlease unit , D610 , and dose almost everything , upto dvb viewing , dvdburning (yes , usb1 dose work) , its my work unit when Im out repairing other systems .

====

Yes , rather than check links from other users , I check their profile and posts ... I messaged nakamater to find out if they had a problem as all their posts , but 1 , made any sence , and not heard since .

Of course , english may not be someones prefered language here in the forum ... but not getting a reply can only lead me to believe a spammer is in the forum upto no good ... but we'll leave that to the moderators to call .

If they keep doing it , the moderators will need to be notified ... sometimes it takes time for them to be noticed .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Okay i'll look for those things. Wow you know alot dude thanks, i hope other people find your information very helpful!
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  8. my os is Windows 2000 Professional.
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine too , so there both on the same level .

Yes ... Ive pulled mine completely apart , and almost had a panic attack ... and its back together , better than before .

It's pretty hard to troubleshoot without another being available , all you can do is remove the non-essential components ... just trying to get hold of spare cable's is hard enough .

Being able to access the f8 sounds like the os is in trouble , and more like the hd is failing .

I did have the list from dell on hd's suitable for the unit's ... fujitsu , 40gig was max ... but I dont recall the specific model ... I'll check on that .

But on an off chance , a bootable linux might be a quick method to test : http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html > all you could want to know .
    Quote Quote  
  10. ok...
    LITEON man!
    Quote Quote