VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Current versions of megui are broken. Active development on the project has stopped (the gui doesn't match newer recent x264 features)
    Means should i try an older vesion of MeGui ? I'm currently using 0.3.1.1056.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That should work. 1057 is on the development server, and x264 is at r1352. You're probably using r1183.

But the fact that your script previews in MPC suggests that your directshow filters are working correctly, and the problem is with megui

Try ffmpegsource2
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you want to use new x264 features, you can learn the commandline (x264 has been revamped to use preset system )http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

or switch to a gui that has active development like staxrip, hdconverttox, xvid4psp, or ripbot264

It's a shame, because megui was the most comprehensive solution, but older builds should still work fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the problem is with megui

Try ffmpegsource2
    I don't get what u mean by try ffmpegsource2.
    http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/list

I've downloaded ffms2-r234-2.7z from there. Now what should i do?

Quote Quote  
  5. Unzip the contents into avisynth/plugins folder , including the .dlls and .avsi

There is a readme for more information and instructions

Skip the avs creater and make your own .avs script

e.g.
    FFVideoSource("video.m2ts")

If you want audio & video served
    FFMpegSource2("video.m2ts", atrack=-1)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    create my own means

replace this

DirectShowSource("C:\TEST\video.m2ts", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true)

with FFVideoSource("video.m2ts")

?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well after doing, unzip ffms to avs plugin folder & replacing the directshowsource with ffdvideosource in tha avs script i open the script with MeGui and now it says that FFdvideo source doesn't have the arguement "fps".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Sxn
    create my own means

replace this

DirectShowSource("C:\TEST\video.m2ts", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true)

with FFVideoSource("video.m2ts")

?
    Yep. And save the .avs. It will take a few minutes to index your file. Preview it first in vdub or mpc to make sure it looks ok, then open in megui

I would actually do this
    FFVideoSource("video.m2ts")
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LoadPlugin("C:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
    # Set DAR in encoder to 37 : 20. The following line is for automatic signalling
    global MeGUI_darx = 37
    global MeGUI_dary = 20
    FFVideoSource("C:\TEST\video.m2ts")
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    #deinterlace
    crop( 0, 20, 0, -22)

#resize
    #denoise

Now this is how my script is looking.

The script plays fine with mpc but the seeking is not working.

MeGui is not responding if i open that script.

Quote Quote  
  10. Try opening the .avs in vdub. Don't "play" it, but just drag the slider around

Did you let it finish indexing?

Is everything and all programs, splitters, filters in the 32-bit directory?

%windir%\SysWOW64 and
    \Program Files (x86)

It seems like you have configuration or system problems.

I would try another GUI instead of fighting to get this to work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Everything is in place, they all got installed in the correct dir's only.

There should be some problem with this video/MeGui.

Anyway suggest a simpler GUI (i already have Xvid4psp ) What do u prefer staxrip or ripbot264 for x264 conversions?

Quote Quote  
  12. Out of the GUI's I would use ripbot264 for the easiest to use, and it's updated frequently by the author

I actually don't use any of those GUI's anymore. The new preset system makes things alot easier.

Also if you learn more about avisynth, you don't waste time analyzing the file - which these gui's do - it can a lot of time on encoding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any links 4 Avisynth tutorials ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Unfortunately not any good ones because there so much to learn, it's a huge topic. You could write several books on it... It is the most powerful tool out there from editing, filtering, manipulations, deinterlacing etc. etc...

You can start here
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

If all you are doing is a straight progressive encode, then it's pretty simple. You just need a simple source filter like DirectShowSource() for example (there are others)

But one of the purpose of the GUI's is to make things easier, so you don't have to worry about all the avisynth stuff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okies, Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll need to unpack the 7-Zip archive (7z). Use 7-Zip. It's open source and free. It should come with an installer once you get it unpacked.

http://www.7-zip.org/
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've downloaded it & installed it. Now can u tell me y i did it, means vatz its purpose??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, I'am really new to this, and lost i have win7 64, trying to do terminator salvation films i backed up the files to my hd using dvdfabhd latest, and have the my TERMINATOR_SALVATION_DC\BDMV\STREAM\00004.m2ts file i followed the steps from the first post, but of course as seeing that was older date, and skimmed thru a few of the later posts/replies i nooticed the you say mgui it broke with the newest version? and as for the first step to put this line in : DirectShowSource("x:\VIDEO PROCESSING\backups\DONE\MainMovie\TERMINATOR_SALVA TION_DC\BDMV\STREAM\00004.m2ts",fps=23.976,audio=false) and play it in a player like vlc or wmp it wont work, so i can even get past that, step, so if there is a new way to do the whole process or not can you explain more in detail cuz i dont follow,....i found another guide of a different forum, but i get errors as the avs says the file/source cant be found, which doesnt make any sense the steps on that site are this: (PLEASE READ THE NOTE IN ALL CAPS TO SEE WHAT I DID, THANKS!

1) Start tsMuxeR and browse to your main movie file (BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts). -I DID THIS HAD NO ISSUES

2) Demux the desired audio and subtitle streams (don't worry about the video). - I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!!??

3) Create a script in AVIsynth: DirectShowSource("D:\YOUR_BLURAY_VIDEO/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts") - I DID THIS WHICH I CHANGED THE SOURCE AND POINTED IT TO MY FILE

4) Load the AVIsynth script into MeGUI and use the MeGUI Blu-ray profiles as linked to in the links section -I DID THIS BUT GOT THE ERRORS THAT I MENTIONED BEFORE......

5) Load new h264 (in MKV container) created from MeGUI along with the other audio & subtitle streams you want to keep into tsMuxeR. - NEVER GOT TO THIS STEP!!!

6) Save new m2ts media file or output Blu-ray folders to burn to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Nice guide. I wonder if there is an update to this or another one for the latest version of MeGUI?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Dear sir i need guide for 480p anime mkv to mp4 without loss quality or increase size

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of streams are embedded in your MKV? You can use MKVToolNix or MKVtools to extract the streams and the MP4Tools to remux into the MP4 format, assuming the streams are compatible with the MP4 codec.

When you load the file into MKVTools, you’ll see an extract button. Extract any video, audio, subtitle, and chapter streams you need, and then use the MP4Tools GUI to combine them, or you can also use Subler I believe.
    Last edited by DJRumpy; 12th Dec 2017 at 09:11.
    Quote Quote  
  22. My streams is x264 in mkv

Quote Quote  
  23. Sir i need guide for make an anime

480p mkv to mp4 with subs to make subs
    Hardsub

Quote Quote  
  24. Using Megui with loss quality

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like your stream is probably h.264, which is mp4 compatible. Just use any remuxer like MP4Tools to mux the streams into the MP4 container and it shouldn't require any re-encoding (the audio might but you didn't indicate what type of audio it contains).

You need to do at least a little bit of homework here in order to have a basic conversation on what your looking to do, and at least some familiarity with the terminology. MEGUI would allow you to re-encode anime, and you could probably do so with very little quality loss, but any re-encode will result in compression and that means a drop in quality (although it may not be easily noticeable). It sounds as if you are using MEGUI, but choosing some rather poor settings to re-encode with. Re-encoding shouldn't be necessary if the video stream is h.264. The audio could easily be re-encoded.

What are the specifications of your input file? What streams and codes are in use?
    What operation system are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm making 480p mkv anime in hardsub subs without quality loss

Quote Quote  
  27. But I'm asking you dear sir

Megui best setting for encoding speed

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The instructions I gave you above would let you remux your video in about 5 minutes with no quality loss into the MP4 container. It doesn't sound like you need to re-encode anything.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Mkv to mp4

Quote Quote  
  30. I have a Anime and ass subtitles i need to hardsub in mp4

Quote Quote