VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krbo
    this guide will produce non DXVA compliant video and should be updated.

To use hardware acceleration on modern GPU, 1080 video should be L4.1, max 4 ref. frames and 3b frames

otherwise say goodbye to accelerated video on low CPU and go search for some quad cores...
    Is that the same for proper PS3 playback as well?

Also is there any different in settings for PS3 vs XBOX 360 or is there one set of settings that will work equally well for both consoles?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    Is that the same for proper PS3 playback as well?

Also is there any different in settings for PS3 vs XBOX 360 or is there one set of settings that will work equally well for both consoles?
    yes, general conclusion, investigation and standard (from ATI to Cyberlink) show these are required for every acceleration using hardware (video cards, chipsets, consoles, popcorns...)

people say that "ps3 xbox" profile for MeGUI is fine, just check ref. frames, level and b-frames.

Biggest enemy is number of reference frames - if HW acceleration is required never more then 4 frames !

My testing on AMD780G chipset (Radeon HD3200) confirms that and in the avsforum thread you can read that even warez scene recognized that and start release clearly marked "L4.1" profile H264 videos.

All that goes to 1080 , 720p material is less problematic but should conform to the same requirements.

And I forgot to say that guide is very nice, just shoud be updated with the latest discoveries in h264 playing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought the USA NTSC DVD Video of Tim Burton's SWEENEY TODD. I guess for no good reason other than it is my newest purchase I decided to convert it to a Sony PS3 friendly MP4 format using this guide. I tried the guide once before but really didn't do much with it ... so this is really my first time going from start (DVD Video) to finish (MP4 file).

There is a profile in meGUI called, "PD-PS3-Xbox360", which is what I used. I made no changes to this profile other than setting the video bitrate to 1500kbps.

I used the 5.1 AC-3 audio and converted it using the same exact method in the guide. Then used the built-in MP4 mixer to mux it together into a MP4 file.

It looks amazing good. The resolution was left at 720x480 with no cropping yet it does play back at the correct aspect ratio on the computer and on my Sony PS3. Audio sounds good but I only have regular stereo here ... no surround sound of any sort.

However I noticed something I have some questions about. Now granted this is a very dark film "look wise" or due to the "cinematography" if you will but I swear the MP4 looks a tad darker than the DVD which already looked pretty dark to begin with ... so I wonder "what did I do wrong"?

Looking at the guide I see two things I might have done wrong. For starters I used DGIndex to creat a D2V project file (and demux the audio). So yes I used the D2V as the source and used the built-in AviSynth script creator thing. I'm wondering should I have added something to the end like, "ConvertToYUY2()" or "ConvertToYV12()" etc.?

I didn't do any of that in fact I didn't really "touch" the AviSynth script created nor change the video template (other than to change the video bitrate to 1500kbps). So did I need to add any of those color space conversions?

Also I did use the "colour correction" option. I know DJRumpy said he never uses it. Perhaps that was a mistake?

Then again it is a dark film so maybe I imagine that it is darker. I'll have to do a side by side with the DVD to compare.

As for my Sony PS3 it played the file back A-OK and other than looking dark it looks great and sound good but that is my other question.

The original audio was a 5.1 AC-3 448kbps audio file. I did the audio the same way as it is in the guide. Yet I have no idea if 128 is a good setting or not and I have no idea what HE means or LC or any of that.

Perhaps someone can explain all that a bit better or point me to a place on the web that does?

Thanks

P.S.
    I hope this makes sense ... I must have *yawn* fallen asleep twice trying to type this up ... off to bed for me!
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would disable the color correction. Sharktooth (a person close in line with MeGUI) has said that there is a bug with the color correction. Creating a D2V is not wrong and doesn't hinder anything. Also, why would you want to change color space? The original is fine and there is no need to change it. For audio, HE means High Efficiency, and LC means low complexity. Most tend to use HE profiles. If you have a 5.1 mix, then I would probably use the new HE 192kbps profile in MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nightshiver
    I would disable the color correction. Sharktooth (a person close in line with MeGUI) has said that there is a bug with the color correction. Creating a D2V is not wrong and doesn't hinder anything. Also, why would you want to change color space? The original is fine and there is no need to change it. For audio, HE means High Efficiency, and LC means low complexity. Most tend to use HE profiles. If you have a 5.1 mix, then I would probably use the new HE 192kbps profile in MeGUI.
    I'm mostly using XVID4PSP these days ... I like the interface much better 8)

Also for PS3 use you need to use AAC-LC

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hiya guys,

I am having problems with MeGUI recently.

I have several BD rips muxed to TS format.

Some of these I was able to convert, hands down.

Now, with for example STARSHIP TROOPERS and THE MATRIX, I get an NO PID STREAMS FOUND error. Even if I point DGIndex to the PIDs manually, it says NO VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER FOUND and aborts.

I have de-muxed the TS to get a sperate VC1 and AC3 file, but even that VC1 file isn't recognized as video data.

Any idea what's happening ?

Thanks

BC55

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update :

I've managed to find it myself. With a bit of help from Google and this guide :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=129001

Thanks to Taktaal's excellent guide on how to convert VC1, I have created a Graphedit graph to Split VC1 from a stream with the help of Haali Media Splitter.

That turned into an AVS screipt, as described by him, works great.

Enjoy

BC55
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the excellent guide, produced some excellent DVD rips myself using around 1250-1500kbps

Got a question or two though.

Megui has multiple workers, how does this affect dual core systems, does it mean 2 dvd's can be done simultaneously or would it just cancel each other out and take just as long as doing it 1 at a time?

Is it normal for some movies to have alot of grain in the picture when the source has no grain (DVDs)?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No. You don't need multiple workers, one will do. Usually, the grain comes from DVD's, so I don't see how grain is being introduced when your source had none.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. Sorry for my bad English.
    Already I thank you very much for this guide, it is complete.
    I would like to know what settings to change to encode in 720p? I think the only changes to be made in creating the script Avisynth?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any plans to revise this guide?

MeGUI 0.3.2015 with x.264 no longer gives you the "GoodQuality" options. They are now totally different and I'm no longer sure what to choose. It went from simple, to complex if you ask me. Encoder Settings: Unrestricted 2-pass Extra Quality..

huh??

I've also seen that some people are making different suggestions for the settings now-a-days. Even more incentive to update the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An update (some elements have changed) would also be interesting

And also a parameters guide for Blu Ray or HD DVD to x264 720p please
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening, excuse my English, I am French-speaking. I followed the excelent guide of MeGui and thank the author ! The new version is a little different, but the great bases remain similar. My problem, I made much movies with Megui but the final results with a encoded mkv, to leave from a m2ts, always have white flashes during all movie ! Among you there are some one which knows this problem and could help me to solve? Thank you very much.

PS I have Vista, Intel Quad + 4 Go RAM, 2 hd 1 To in raid.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys... as you can see , i have only just registered today...just thought id throw in my 10cents... i recently discovered a quick and easy way to convert blu-ray to divx...etc... thought id share it (if it hasnt been discovered yet) basicaly, i used imgburn to bring bd movie in (as image) (anydvd running in background), then used super (latest version) to convert m2ts (largest file in bdmv>stream file list) to whatever format i chose, divx in this case. selected all settings i required, and let it run... using 2016 kbps and 640x480 scale, i brought the file size from (resident evil - 24gb) down to about 1.41gb with surprisingly good results.

Tools used :
    ImgBurn
    Super
    alcohol120

kind regards...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    good luck ...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bashiefa
    hi guys... as you can see , i have only just registered today...just thought id throw in my 10cents... i recently discovered a quick and easy way to convert blu-ray to divx...etc... thought id share it (if it hasnt been discovered yet) basicaly, i used imgburn to bring bd movie in (as image) (anydvd running in background), then used super (latest version) to convert m2ts (largest file in bdmv>stream file list) to whatever format i chose, divx in this case. selected all settings i required, and let it run... using 2016 kbps and 640x480 scale, i brought the file size from (resident evil - 24gb) down to about 1.41gb with surprisingly good results.

Tools used :
    ImgBurn
    Super
    alcohol120

kind regards...
    Um, if you reduced the resolution of a BluRay movie to 640x480, what's the point in converting / ripping it ? For that, you could just run through a standard DVD ( 720x480 NTSC ) and have the same or an even better result, without having to worry about how to convert it.

It's all about converting BluRay and other HD content while PRESERVING the resolution and as much of the picture quality as possible .....
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great tutorial, but I think this tutorial needs to be updated

The new system is as follows: subme6 is RD in I/P frames, subme7 is RD in all frames, subme8 is RD refinement in I/P frames, and subme9 is RD refinement in all frames.

subme6 == old subme6, subme7 == old subme6+brdo, subme8 == old subme7+brdo, subme9 == no equivalent

--b-rdo has, accordingly, been removed. --bime has also been removed, and instead enabled automatically at subme >= 5.

RD refinement in B-frames (subme9) includes both qpel-RD and an RD version of bime.
    Source:

Code:
    http://git.videolan.org/?p=x264.git;a=commitdiff;h=c89bc900a3bf0d4c4c728ad378703970b4f14e18
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi ahmed28...
    i am obviously not as clued up as you seem to be...but if you read my post carefully... you will see that i mentioned "selected all settings i required" , me !!! not you or anyone else... for you or anyone else's purposes , you "obviously" select the changes/settings "you" require... also if you missed the point ...here it is...it is a simpler way of converting from bd to avi, without having to go thru megui and whatever else... Super also allows for a scale up to 1280x720... geez pleez....
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @bashiefa, sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything like that, I too was helped greatly by your tutorial, but when I try to set the same as yours, the subpixel system is already change, even if I set to more than 6 as per tutorial, at RC and ME tab, I can't find the find RDO for B-Frames option at the advanced tab

Your tutorial is great, perfect, I like it, it helped me greatly on using MenGUI, since it's my first time using MenGUI, when I found difficulties in applying your setting, I asked in the forum, and some guy with nick "Dark Shikari" gave me that link

Really no offense at all, I just want to set the setting like u, in the new updated GUI =)

Updateorry, I think there's a missunderstanding here, what I meant is the tutorial by DjRumpy, not yours, bashiefa
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys, I am new in this forum and as well new in using bluray. I have a GGW-H20L bluray burner together with a dell latitude d610, 1.86GHz, 782MHz, 1.49GB RAm, 100GB HDD intern, 250 GB extern.

I have 3 different bluray movies and tried to rip them with anydvd 6.4.8.6 to my hdd but unfortunately it stops after max 5 min and is not doing anything anymore.

what could be the reason?

I have not changed any settings in any dvd.
    bluray drive: GGW-H20L
    Laptop: Dell Latitude D-610, 1.86 GHz, 782MHz, 1.49 GB RAM
    AnyDVD 6.4.8.6. Beta
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which titles are you trying ?

Is it just me, or is the latest release version 6.4.8.5 instead of .6 ?

Perhaps that's your problem ?

What operating system ?

Could be your drive being incompatible too .....
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in megui where do you select framerate because when i try do dvd it wants to do 23.97 and i need 29.97?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guyz I'm getting this error

Plz reply Asap !!

Waiting 4 ur reply.

aviscript%20error%20submit.bmp

ALso this error, both has same matter..Timeout waiting for graph to start

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What am i supposed to change??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm about to walk into a movie theater guy. If no one has helped you when I get out I'll help you out.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okies. Btw, which movie? & Howz is it??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The new twilight movie. It hasn't started yet though.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  27. @sxn - your avs script doesn't even call any TIVTC functions, you shouldn't be getting that error

What happens when you preview your .avs script in vdub or mpc ?

Render your file in graphstudio, do the pins connect? If not, you have a broken directshow filter for that movie. You have to install a proper splitter and decoder then. Use mediainfo (view=>text) for more information. Do you have ffdshow and haali media splitter installed? If you are on win7 you need the clsid's preferred filter manager

You can try another source filter instead of directshowsource which is know to cause many problems, and isn't necessarily frame accurate. It relies on system directshow filters. (e.g. you could try ffmpegsource2)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray, Hey buddy good to c u

When i open the avs script with my mpc, then it plays video with out audio.

No pin broken.

ffdshow video show decoder is present in my system.
    Haali media splitter is also present.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    You can try another source filter instead of directshowsource which is know to cause many problems, and isn't necessarily frame accurate. It relies on system directshow filters. (e.g. you could try ffmpegsource2)

I think the problem is in this section.. & my problem is unlike the decoder & splitter i don't know y v use directshow source.
    Can u explain its purpose & function ?

I'll try ffmpegsource2.

Thanks 4 replying mate

Quote Quote  
  29. I think the problem is in this section.. & my problem is unlike the decoder & splitter i don't know y v use directshow source.
    Can u explain its purpose & function ?
    Directshowsource is just a source filter, it's purpose is to feed video & audio in the avs script

Everything should be working. When you preview the .avs script in mpc you're not supposed to get audio because your script has "audio=false"

Try uninstall/reinstall, reboot or ffmpegsource2

Current versions of megui are broken. Active development on the project has stopped (the gui doesn't match newer recent x264 features)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've downloaded ffms2-r234-2.7z but i don't know how to replace directshow source with this one . A lill help here too
    Quote Quote