VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK sorry ive just looked into it and after the encode with megui it seems it has dropped some video through the encode iv done it twice and each time the same outcome, it skips a bit of video at the start and its the same part on the two files i have encoded any ideas why????????????? has any1 else had this after they encoded their files??????????,
    my source is a .EVO file from a hd dvd rip also the rip is fine as this is what i compared the encoded file against.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a question to DJRumpy now my new Blu ray is not MPEG but AVC so Could I do in the same way or I need other programs?
    Thanks in advance...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same way.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And sorry guys I'm facing with another problem... my blu ray film is divided in more than 1 file so I have combined them through binary copy and now I have 1 file... So now I'm trying to remux this file with TsRemux but the program said that is impossible... so I have found on the web that the problem is because this blu ray contain Lossless PCM Audio Stream and TsRemux maybe is not able to remux... anyone has idea on how to solve the problem? or I can remove this PCM Audio from tsremux? thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you trying to do?

You can just treat the two m2ts files separately, encode and then join.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty used to using MEGUI to convert VOB files ripped from standard definition DVDs into MP4 files using h264, but now I've been trying to use MEGUI to convert my Blu-Ray titles. I have successfully ripped using AnyDVD and played the M2TS files in WMP 11 (I have ffdshow and the Hali media splitter), so I think I don't need to create the AVS files manually. I am not too familiar with AVS scripts, but I used the reference script in this "How To" guide play it with WMP11, but it creates an error that required WMP to close when I try to run the script.

I have had no success serving up the M2TS files directly into AVISynth script creator in MEGUI (I get an error that requires MEGUI to close). Additionally, I have tried loading them into DGIndex but it either doesn't find the header files or cannot find video/audio data in any of the streams. I have also tried using TSRemux to convert the M2TS video stream into a TS file. I think I have been successful there, but again I can't get those to work with MEGUI. I am at my wit's end, can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think ts files work but I know m2ts files do.

Try writing the script manually in notepad and save it as an .avs file:

DirectShowSource("X:\DIRECTORY\00001.m2ts",fps=23.976,audio=false)
    Drag this into VirtualDubMod - if it works, it should work with megui.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so VirtualDubMod was able the read the file, but MeGUI still does not. I am currently trying to use VirtualDubMod to convert it to an AVI, but the projected filesize is 129GB for one movie and is going to take 8 hours on my quad core machine. Then I will have to convert the AVI to MP4 with MeGUI anyway... but it is worth a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Guest34343
    Originally Posted by paulyn8r
    Additionally, I have tried loading them into DGIndex but it either doesn't find the header files or cannot find video/audio data in any of the streams. ... I am at my wit's end, can anyone help?
    For MPEG2 video use DGIndex. For AVC, use DGAVCIndex. If you have an issue, please send me an email with a link to your source file sample: neuron2@comcast.net

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't an M2TS an mpeg-2 stream? And therefore DGIndex should work. How can I tell if it's AVC?

Incidentally, I think I under estimated the file size from VirtualDubMod by a factor of ten...I was way off. It quit converting the M2TS file to AVI when I ran out of hard-drive space (it was 380GB for about 45 min worth of Blu-Ray video only). So that is pretty impractical.

It seems to me that there are two possible problems:
    1) DGIndex can not create a D2V file for MeGUI to use because DGIndex is not finding the video streams in the M2TS file.
    2) MeGUI isn't able to directly read the M2TS file when using AVISynth Creator tool even though my DirectShowSource seems to be working.

If you can help with either of those two problems, please reply.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Guest34343
    M2TS is not necessarily MPEG2.

When you load the M2TS into DGIndex and then do Stream/Detect PIDs: PAT/PMT what do you see? If you see a video PID listed, try highlighting it and then clicking Set Video. Do this with DGIndex 1.5.0 RC3:

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150rc3.zip

The best way is for you to provide a link to a chunk of your M2TS so that I can duplicate your issue and debug it directly.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    m2ts files can be MPEG2, AVC or VC-1 with audio in DTS, DTS HD Master, Dolby Digital, Real HD and many others.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i followed this thread, and i see we have a new version of dgindex.
    I tried it and loaded a 15 GB m2ts file in it. and i hit the stream tab and did what neuron said.
    I see a list popping up but i dont see any vid pid.....
    Here is a pic

So what now ???
    Quote Quote  
  14. Guest34343
    OK, so it's apparently not MPEG video. But just to be sure, also do Detect PIDs: Raw and tell me what you get.

If no MPEG video is found that way, then do the same thing in DGAVCIndex to see if it is AVC video:

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec100a18.zip

If it's VC1, you're going to have to use DirectShowSource() with a VC1 DirectShow decoder such as Sonic.

As I said, if you give me a link to a chunk of the transport stream, I can more easily tell you what is going on, and you'll save a lot of time going back and forth.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok neuron i tried what u said and i get the following image right is dgindex and left of it is dgavc and so on.

Ok ive uploaded a 50 MB m2ts file here for you. Once you've got it lemme know
    http://fizzyfiles.com/files/other/part0018.m2ts
    Quote Quote  
  16. Guest34343
    Your results confirm that it is neither MPEG nor AVC, which leaves only VC1.

I downloaded your M2TS and demuxed it successfully with both xport (xport -h part0018.m2ts 1 1 1) and Elecard XMuxer Pro. Then I opened the resulting VC1 elementary stream with GraphEdit (either one) and was able to play it there. Here is my graph:

I could also play the elementary video stream in Media Player Classic, which identifies the video as WVC1 as expected.

So, you should be able to serve the video through Avisynth as long as you have a good DirectShow VC1 decoder, such as Sonic Cinemaster.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know you are probably sick of hearing this, but awesome guide. Second, my video encode ends up being like 15 minutes longer than the original. So believe it or not the audio doesn't mux well with it. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're using the wrong frame rate to encode.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I will give it a try. I think when I selected NTSC for the DAR I just figured the frame rate would be 29.97.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having some issues and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've read through this entire post and I am trying to Convert the movie Four Brothers from HD-DVD to h264. I've copied the movie to my hard drive using DVDFab HD. I've then gone into EVOdemux and loaded the feature1.evo and then took out everything but the DTS audio stream so no subtitles or anything then i rebuilt it and got one large file FEATURE_1_MERGED.rebuilt.EVO I then opened up GraphEdit and added the filter Haali Media Splitter pointing it to the rebuilt EVO file and added the filter WMVideo Decoder DMO . I connected the Haali video to the WMVideo in0 and saved the graph. I then created the avs file and inside it put
    DirectShowSource("C:\FourBrothers\Feature.GRF",fps=23.98,audio=false)
    ConvertToYV12()
    However when I try to open that in media player classic i get this.
    Media Player Classic could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system. The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter: "C:\FourBrothers\Feature.avs::Avisynth video #1"

C:\FourBrothers\Feature.avs::Avisynth video #1

Media Type 0:
    --------------------------
    Video: YV12 1920x1080 23.98fps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
    majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12 {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    formattype: FORMAT_VideoInfo {05589F80-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
    bFixedSizeSamples: 1
    bTemporalCompression: 0
    lSampleSize: 3110400
    cbFormat: 88

VIDEOINFOHEADER:
    rcSource: (0,0)-(0,0)
    rcTarget: (0,0)-(0,0)
    dwBitRate: 0
    dwBitErrorRate: 0
    AvgTimePerFrame: 417014

BITMAPINFOHEADER:
    biSize: 40
    biWidth: 1920
    biHeight: 1080
    biPlanes: 1
    biBitCount: 12
    biCompression: YV12
    biSizeImage: 3110400
    biXPelsPerMeter: 0
    biYPelsPerMeter: 0
    biYPelsPerMeter: 0
    biClrUsed: 0
    biClrImportant: 0

pbFormat:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 f6 5c 06 00 00 00 00 00 ........ö\......
    0030: 28 00 00 00 80 07 00 00 38 04 00 00 01 00 0c 00 (...€...8.......
    0040: 59 56 31 32 00 76 2f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 YV12.v/.........
    0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    I figure this is a codec issue but what else do I need installed? I have MEGui, FFDShow, Haali Media Splitter, Media Player Classic, VirtualDubMod, AVISynth, graphedit, eac3to, PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra, and Nero8 please help with any thoughts.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It Works! Thanks all for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I encoded my first video I had a window that said "Playing Through Movie" or something like that. This was before it went on to the "first pass" of my encoding process. I also think I may have selected the "Queue Analysis Pass" but i'm not sure. Anyways, now i'm working on my second video it doesn't do the "Playing Through Movie" process unless I click on the "Queue Analysis Pass" option and then "Enqueue" for my video. But when I do that it comes up with the "Playing Through Movie" and the "First Pass" window at the same time.

So my question is... is this normal and do I need to use the "Queue Analysis Pass" option in the first place or just select "Enqueue" and go to the "Queue" tab and start my encoding process with just the "First Pass" and "Second Pass" jobs listed. Because like I said before my first video had the "Playing Through Movie" job and then it went to the "First and Second Pass" and my video looked amazing.

BTW: I'm encoding using Xvid as my codec with no audio

Thanks for any help guys,
    duff916
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello all

I have problems when I try to open the main movie m2ts file of a bluray folder in aviSynth script creator.....

what can be wrong?

thanks!

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    eventually i found what my problem was i just thought i would share it incase any1 else was having a similer problem to me,
    I was having major sync problems with audio and video. changing audio delay wasnt helping atall so i had a look around and found that i had to add "convertfps=true" to my avs script before i encode video and wallahh sorted it worked for me.
    cheers :wink:
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eao1
    Hi,
    eventually i found what my problem was i just thought i would share it incase any1 else was having a similer problem to me,
    I was having major sync problems with audio and video. changing audio delay wasnt helping atall so i had a look around and found that i had to add "convertfps=true" to my avs script before i encode video and wallahh sorted it worked for me.

i've been having audio video sync problems myself. my problem is that the audio and video plays fine for the first half but the second half slowly gets out of sync.

i'm gonna have to give "convertfps=true" a try... i hope it works for me

thanks for the info

BTW: do you mux your audio in manulay after the video encoding is done? or do you have as one of your jobs in your queue?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by duff916
    Originally Posted by eao1
    Hi,

i've been having audio video sync problems myself. my problem is that the audio and video plays fine for the first half but the second half slowly gets out of sync.

i'm gonna have to give "convertfps=true" a try... i hope it works for me

thanks for the info

BTW: do you mux your audio in manulay after the video encoding is done? or do you have as one of your jobs in your queue?
    I have encoded both seperatly then muxed together at the end with the mkv muxer tool in megui,it was still out but i was able to fix it by just muxing them and playing the muxed file in media player classic,adjusting the audio time shift to get it right and then using the time shift figure in the audio delay section in the mkv muxer tool in megui and muxed again resulting in a synced file,the audio and vid were only out by -300 ms,without using "convertfsp=true" i was up to -15000 and still wasnt getting anywhere i guess it was dropping frames during the encode anyway here is wat i done-
    after i use the "create avisynth script" tool in megui i opened up the avs script it just created and added the "convertfps=true"

here is my script

DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\the one.avs",fps=29.97000002997,convertfps=true,audio=false)
    #deinterlace
    #crop
    LanczosResize(1280,720) # Lanczos (Sharp)
    Undot() # Minimal Noise

ConvertToYV12()

hope it works for ye
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I am pretty new to this so sorry if this is a stupid question.
    I have followed all the steps and everything works perfect up to the point when I am in AVIsynth script creator and am in the filter tab section. When I click analyze to scan my source video for interlacing and field order, it starts scanning but then freezes the process approx 98% of the way through.

Any ideas why this is happing???

The first time I tried it I got an error as I was missing a tivtc.dll which I downloaded and copied to my avisynth plugin folder, then it would scan but freezes just at the end of the scan process.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Stephen
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with the guide. I've got my EVO file, merged and rebuilt, and I can get it to play the video in MPC using a filter graph and a simple AVS script (DirectShowSource(filename.grf, fps, audio=false)) but I still can't get MeGUI's script creator to work. When I try using the EVO file, it says
    Code:
    AviSynth script error:
    DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
    and when I try the GRF file it says
    Code:
    Unable to render the file.
    You probably don't have the correct filters installed
    I know I've got the filters (for the video at least, I'm not worrying about the audio yet) since it plays in MPC, but I'd like to be able to use the script creator. How would I go about setting up the filters to be able to use EVO files for this? Or should I just bite the bullet and learn to make my own avs scripts?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't try this before, but using the .avs as the input file for the script creator seems to work. Is this okay, or will it cause some kind of problem?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this guide will produce non DXVA compliant video and should be updated.

To use hardware acceleration on modern GPU, 1080 video should be L4.1, max 4 ref. frames and 3b frames

otherwise say goodbye to accelerated video on low CPU and go search for some quad cores...

detailed elaboration:

Quote Quote