VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Know DGIndex can handle multiple file, but there is not in a sequence.
    When i try to set PID manually in DGIndex i have the same error, in detect PIDs: PAT/PMT; Detect PIDs: RAW, Detect PIDs: PSIP and manually Set PID.

Always the same errors : No video sequence header found!

Maybe there a protection, or something wrong.

i try also to manually extract The video track (*.avc) and audio track (*.ac3) with "tsremux_0.0.20" and after join the multiple AVC file to a M2TS with "tsMuxeR_1.2.10" but i got also an error.

Maybe i can make a mkv for each m2ts i have and after i can maybe join all mkv results in one, but i'me not sure it possible. and maybe i got some leak og audio glinch.

Before i try this (it take a long time to do) i prefer to have your oppinions.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what your saying about the order of the files. You can re-order the files in DGIndex once you load them in.

You can also try using AVISynth and DirectShowSource to load them directly into MEGui. This requires that you can play the raw m2ts files in something like Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player.

clip1=DirectShowSource("c:\somefolder\00028.m2ts", audio=false, fps=23.976)
    clip2=DirectShowSource("c:\somefolder\00029.m2ts", audio=false, fps=23.976)
    clip3=DirectShowSource("c:\somefolder\00030.m2ts", audio=false, fps=23.976)

Clip1++Clip2++Clip3
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry guys two things:
    1) when I instal meGUI and then program will update, which video profiles I have to import?
    2) I've tryed the test.avs with media player classic but I can't see the movie but only a grey image. also when I open with meGUI, so I can't crop...

PS: just a question which version of FFDShow have you installed?
    PPS: I have read that normally Bluray disc has only one file m2ts that contain the entire film, but in the film that I have there are 5 files...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These question's aren't related to my guide at all. They are basic questions you should ask in the main forum.

1) Import them all. It will hurt nothing to have them available
    2) Depends on what test.avs has in it. If you don't get an error in media player, then you probably have a codec issue
    Blue Ray disks are just like DVD's in that respect. There will be multiple M2TS files. I haven't found one yet that had only a single file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy
    These question's aren't related to my guide at all. They are basic questions you should ask in the main forum.

1) Import them all. It will hurt nothing to have them available
    2) Depends on what test.avs has in it. If you don't get an error in media player, then you probably have a codec issue
    Blue Ray disks are just like DVD's in that respect. There will be multiple M2TS files. I haven't found one yet that had only a single file.
    In fact that was my idea... at the same time the problem is that with powerDVD I can see the movie... and media player and meGUI didn't tell any error... so I have to check

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you say you can see the movie, do you mean by playing the M2TS file directly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you say you can see the movie, do you mean by playing the M2TS file directly?
    yes... and I can also see with Nero show time

the only problem is that I see the movie "jerky" (Sorry I don't know if is correct this word) but I think because my monitor resolution is 1680x1050 but i'm not sure
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about the jerky video. If your cpu and graphics card aren't up to snuff it can make 1080P playback jerky.

It sounds like your codecs are in order and working properly. You should be able to use AVISynth to serve the video to MEGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about the jerky video. If your cpu and graphics card aren't up to snuff it can make 1080P playback jerky.

It sounds like your codecs are in order and working properly. You should be able to use AVISynth to serve the video to MEGUI.

I know, hopefully I have intel quad core and nvida GeForce 8600 GT
    Tonight when I go back home I will try again... maybe I set something wrong in meGUI or I don't know, also because if some codecs are not good I don't know where find

About AVISynth I have the same idea i'm able to use it but doesn't work and I dunno understand why...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You did create the D2V file with DGIndex with the M2TS as your source file right? You should be serving up the D2V file in AVISynth if possible, not the M2TS direcly.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You did create the D2V file with DGIndex with the M2TS as your source file right? You should be serving up the D2V file in AVISynth if possible, not the M2TS direcly.
    I will try, because I put the M2TS directly as you said, that is possible to use also M2TS file directly
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have also an error when I open, in megui, d2v creator and select the M2TS file then load the project and then start:

No video sequence header found!
    No data.check your PIDS

What does it mean?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That means that the DGIndex cannot properly detect the PID that the video and audio are stored under. You can try specifying it manually, but you will probably have to use DirectShowSource and AVISynth instead. I've had very hit and miss luck getting DGIndex to work if it can't detect them itself. You can also check to ensure you have the latest version of dgindex.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used DGIndex 1.5 RC2 the last version and I have the same error...
    You said use directshow and avisynth instead, HOW?

Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    look at the first few pages of the guide. It will show you an example of a DirectShowSource() command.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry another question... from your guide in OPTIONS TAB you have AVI PROFILE ---> DEFAULT.
    I don't have anything and also I don't have the possibility to select anything.... why???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can create a new Profile if you haven't defined one yet. Just click the CONFIG button, and then click NEW and type in DEFAULT for the name. You can accept all of the defaults and just click OK to save your default profile.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry DjRumpy I have another question
    In your guide you said:
    General guidelines for encoding bitrates:
    For typical XviD/DivX AVI's I would suggest you start with 600-700 kbps for bitrate
    For DVD Rips I would suggest you start with 800-1000 kbps for bitrate
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 720p I would suggest you start with 2000 - 3000 kbps
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 1080i I would suggest you start with 3000 - 4000 kbps
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 1080p I would suggest you start with 4000 - 5000 kbps

but is only this step that I have to change for the resolution or I have to change something in RC and ME and Advance TAB?
    Thank you so much...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The guide lays out the settings for each tab, including the RC and ME tabs. If you are encoding a DVD it is not necessary to change the resolution anywhere. It also gives suggested settings.

Look for the section titled: RC and ME Tab
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok ok thanks I was talking about BLURAY
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same thing. If your encoding a video that has an embedded aspect ratio, it is not necessary to resize it like you might with an AVI file.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look at the first few pages of the guide. It will show you an example of a DirectShowSource() command.
    I am getting the same problem and choosing it manually in dgindex it still says the same thing.
    I don't understand how to use DirectShowSource() to get an d2v file.

I've read your tutorial.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then post your issue in the main forum. Specifically that your trying to create a D2V file with DGIndex from a blue ray M2TS file and your getting an error.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I solve the problem... installing meGUI version 0.3 now the problem that I have faced is the BD+ protection...
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, thanks for the guide. It's great. I'm just having a little problem with sync.

The final muxed file i get is off from the start and when i ran the conversion again, i removed the mux stage and played each file individually.

Both files at the beginning (AVI video and MP3 audio before conversion) were 3:07 long.

After conversion the audio was still 3:07 but the video moved to 3:15.

I checked framerate and gop and modified the value in those (10 times and to the nearest whole number) but no luck.

Any ideas

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great Guide !

You were dealing with AC3 audio tracks of the blu-ray ripped m2ts file. What steps do you recommend when dealing with DTS audio tracks?

In case of a blu-ray disc's DTS track I managed to encode with VirtualDubMod to XviD/DTS(direct audio stream copy) avi file the AnyDVD HD/BD ripped m2ts file, that's playable with any multimedia player. To further compress the file with approx 3GB audio stream (90min movie), I encoded with AutoMKV to XviD(direct video stream copy)/AC3 avi. Are there other easier/simpler/faster conversion options?

In case of DTS track I tried to convert with TsRemux m2ts to ts and AutoGK to encode the ts to XviD/MP3 avi, but didn't work, AutoGK gives and error with no video header detected. What could be the problem?

In case of AC3 track I was able to convert in one step the blu-ray ripped m2ts file to XviD/MP3 with MediaCoder, but it cannot handle the DTS track.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry guys just a question anyone knows how I create 1 mkv or 1 M2TS file that contain the entire film? Because I have a Blu ray disc that contain 4 M2TS file and all of them are part of film... so I wanna create just 1 file mkv or M2TS that contain the all film...
    In other words I wanna connect the 4 files that are part of the film and at the end create 1 file without any problem with video and audio
    Sorry if my explanation is strange
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't tried it yet, but maybe you can append the movie files in VirtualDubMod if numbered correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey thanks alot for the guide

I have followed your guide i have encoded a hddvd "doom" i have it as an mp4 file i have used eac3 to extract the audio the two files are the same lenght mins and secs as single files. but when i mux the files with mkv muxer it is still the same length but the two are a few secs out of sync and the video skips a bit at the start but iv tried to use the delay option but it hasnt done anything can u tell me is there a way to fix it
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much for this very helpful guide.

I am working with Blu-Ray rips which I have converted to ts files with TSremux

General guidelines for encoding bitrates:
    For typical XviD/DivX AVI's I would suggest you start with 600-700 kbps for bitrate
    For DVD Rips I would suggest you start with 800-1000 kbps for bitrate
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 720p I would suggest you start with 2000 - 3000 kbps
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 1080i I would suggest you start with 3000 - 4000 kbps
    For Blue-Ray/HD-DVD/HD @ 1080p I would suggest you start with 4000 - 5000 kbps
    Surely it's the target file that this bit rate is relevant to? E.G. I am converting one file to SD (720 x 400). I need to set bitrate to 1 Mbps don't I - not 5 Mbps?

After completing this SD conversion I intend to try converting all my Blu-Ray rip/ts files at full 1920 x 1080. I can see that then I will need to specify 5 Mbps. i am hoping to get these typically 30 GB files down to say 10 GB with no apparrent loss of quality.

Am I talking sense - or nonsense?
    Quote Quote