VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone; I've now recently began learning about the "color pass" effect, but ran into a new problem.

I'm using the "moving picture" effect in which and image can move around the screen pan zoom in etc......the thing is that there is a black screen in the back of the picture and I'm trying to add a motion background in to cover it up, but I can't seem to do it.

In the video track I have the moving picture, and in the title overlay track the motion background, but the motion background covers up everything; then I try to do transparency but when the image begins to pop up so does the black area of the screen. I've see videos where they make it work, but I can't seem to make it work myself, do you know what I could do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to put the motion background on the track below the 'moving picture' track
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You have to put the motion background on the track below the 'moving picture' track
    Hi, Thanks for the response.

I tried what you said but it didn't work. I'm not sure whats going on; I tried something about alpha channel but I'm not sure its working, to be honest I'm not sure what Im doing.

I used a .TGA file because it says that it supports the alpha channel, but still doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't help you specifics - I use Vegas and haven't touched Premiere in years. I Vegas, if you resize a video track down to say, a quarter screen, and then animate it around, you will be able to see the video track under it showing through. No need to alpha channels or masks.

These might provide some insight

http://wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_ppro_photowall.htm
    http://wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_quadpip.htm
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote