VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dmakaroff View Post
    i find myself quite regularly wishing i had returned the hd6 i bought last summer within a week of buying it. I should have gone straight back to the store as soon as i found out that jvc had pretty much screwed over their consumer hd users by making the clips uneditable. I understand it would be a severe threat to their prosumer models to allow hd6's and 7's to "play well with the other children...." namely adobe premiere and final cut pro. So they, in effect, disabled their editing capabilities and really only allow people to easily play their footage on hd televisions or on the small screen the cameras come with. Thanks jvc. You gotta know that this user will opt for one of your competators when i do make the switch to professional gear. (i hate to sound cynical, and believe me - i know it is possible to edit .tod files after conversion. But, let's face it - why should we have to go through all that b.s.?)
    amen brother
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a .TOD file, try just changing the .TOD to .AVI works for me...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the JVC GZ-HD7U camera and I film my daughters soccer games. I need to connect an external monitor to it (through the HDMI or ?) and I'm having the hardest time finding one that will work with it. The only way right now is to have a TV with HDMI input. The problem with that is having AC power. Can anyone help with this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Wanted to share one solution. Usually I play content from JVC camcoder on my WDTV GEN 1 - they are playable on it (when renamed to .mpg) but not very convenient because there are a lot of them. To correctly convert TOD files (without reencoding) to single mpeg format file you can:
    download ffmpeg (use google) and then create .bat file with this content, put in the folder with TOD files and run it:
    Code:
    @echo off
    set myvar=
    for /f %%i in ('dir /b /O:D *.TOD') DO call :concat %%i
    set myvar=%myvar:~0,-1%
    echo.%myvar%
    set myvar=%myvar:;=^|%
    rem ffmpeg.exe -i "concat:%myvar%" -f mpeg -acodec copy -vcodec copy test.mpeg
    ffmpeg -i "concat:%myvar%" -vcodec copy -f mpeg2video ES_Video.m2v -acodec copy -f mp2 ES_Audio.mp2 
    ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i ES_Video.m2v -i ES_Audio.mp2 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f vob output.mpg
    del ES_Video.m2v /Q
    del ES_Audio.mp2 /Q

goto :eof

:concat
    set myvar=%myvar%%1;
    goto :eof
    After convertion you will get a single file output.mpg that you can correctly play, fast forward, rewind etc on your WDTV or other player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Last edited by TeeRodFl; 29th Mar 2013 at 15:46. Reason: incorrect date
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi there, anyone still working with the HD7 ?
    I could share a little tool for windows i am writing which uses vlc to remux / convert .tod files into mpeg2 ts files.
    it can also merge splitted tod files into one file without timecode gaps if the recording was continous.
    all for free
    vlc not included... just point to the installed vlc.exe.

For now the tool is in german but i could make an english version if anyone is still interested...
    just let me know...

cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-000029.png
Views:	650
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	17489

TOD2Mpeg2_v127_de.zip
    Last edited by ZilcH0815; 25th Apr 2013 at 02:57.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use Avdshare Video Converter to convert TOD to MP4, to AVI, MKV, MOV, FLV, WMV, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumsungst View Post
    I use Avdshare Video Converter to convert TOD to MP4, to AVI, MKV, MOV, FLV, WMV, etc.
    what are you a shill for avdshare? grave robbed a 3 year old post for your first post to advertise payware. smells like spam.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote