VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying the trial version of Total Video Converter to convert FLV files to WMV to play on my Zune. I tried SUPER to do this, and it does convert to WMV with WMA audio, but the Zune software still needs to convert the file further when it synchronizes it to the Zune hardware. When I make a WMV with WMA audio in Total Video Converter, this extra conversion isn't necessary, which saves me a lot of time when synchronizing.

However, I can't figure out how to get Total Video Converter to convert videos to the required 320 x 240 size when they don't have the 4:3 aspect ratio. I want it to resize to this size but keep the video's aspect ratio intact and just add bars above and below, but I can't figure out a way to do this. I thought the "enable pad" setting was for this, but when I set top and bottom padding to any value, the resulting video is completely black with just audio.

For instance, I have a FLV file that is 540 x 232. This is neither 4:3 or 16:9. I want the viewable area of the video to be 320 x 138, with a black bar that is 51 pixels high both above and below, for a total video size of 320 x 240. Can I do this with Total Video Converter? If so, what settings do I use?

I know that I can just resize the video to 320 x 138 without any bars, but then Zune once again has to convert the video so that its size will be 320 x 240. Once again, my goal is to produce files that Zune can synchronize immediately without any additional conversion.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Zoe
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you looked at a working zune file using gspot or mediainfo

it get the specs from the final version, to see if you can set that in SUPER and elimated the extra zune sync processing ?

I have never used total video converter so , i can't help you with that one
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zomigi
    I am trying the trial version of Total Video Converter to convert FLV files to WMV to play on my Zune. I tried SUPER to do this, and it does convert to WMV with WMA audio, but the Zune software still needs to convert the file further when it synchronizes it to the Zune hardware. When I make a WMV with WMA audio in Total Video Converter, this extra conversion isn't necessary, which saves me a lot of time when synchronizing.

However, I can't figure out how to get Total Video Converter to convert videos to the required 320 x 240 size when they don't have the 4:3 aspect ratio. I want it to resize to this size but keep the video's aspect ratio intact and just add bars above and below, but I can't figure out a way to do this. I thought the "enable pad" setting was for this, but when I set top and bottom padding to any value, the resulting video is completely black with just audio.

For instance, I have a FLV file that is 540 x 232. This is neither 4:3 or 16:9. I want the viewable area of the video to be 320 x 138, with a black bar that is 51 pixels high both above and below, for a total video size of 320 x 240. Can I do this with Total Video Converter? If so, what settings do I use?

I know that I can just resize the video to 320 x 138 without any bars, but then Zune once again has to convert the video so that its size will be 320 x 240. Once again, my goal is to produce files that Zune can synchronize immediately without any additional conversion.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Zoe
    Zomigi, go to Settings, click the "video resize" tab, then go to Custom Size and enter 320 x 180. Aspect Ratio should be in Normal.

Then click the "Video Crop and Pad" tab and check the "Enable Pad".

Add Top = 30 and Bottom = 30.

That's it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    joesolaris, that was my instinct of what should work. I tried it before posting my original message and it results in a video with only sound, no picture. No matter what values I put in, the video is completely black.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zomigi
    joesolaris, that was my instinct of what should work. I tried it before posting my original message and it results in a video with only sound, no picture. No matter what values I put in, the video is completely black.
    yeah... but mine worked though, that's why i'm posting it here so that others may be guided on how to put bars on top and at the bottom. because there's no documentation available on the net.

btw, i converted mine from flv to mpg. i used tvc v2.6, and i don't think there's an option to convert video files to wmv format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried it again with my anime flvs. it's working.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joesolaris
    i don't think there's an option to convert video files to wmv format.
    Yes there is. I can do it without a problem. I just can't do it with the enable padding box checked.

Zoe
    Quote Quote