VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey

can anyone help me in this matter, i just formatted my computer and installed service pack 2, then when i go to my videos on my other spare HDD they r all black and white with no colour. i tried different players and i even installed k-lite media codec pack. BUT NOTHING

please help

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    k-lite is never going to fix anything, but it's too late to o anything about that now.

Most likely, if it is affecting all your videos, is the overlay settings. Look in the advanced settings for your graphics driver.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome shammi

Did you forget to install updated video drivers after the reinstall ... you may be using xp's default which is almost useless apart from basic system access to gui function .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nah i just installed the latest driver for my Geforce MX 440 card about 3 hours ago
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dont worry guys , i just figured it out, i unistalled my latest driver and installed an older driver for the card and BANG! its all working.

cheers
    thanks for replies, yeah its a old computer, i need a new one lol :P
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you want to use the newer driver just adjust the overlay settings in the display setup applet.
    Quote Quote