VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,

I've got three questions:

First, does somebody have a recent firmware for a DVR-520H (or a DVR-720H)? My 720 has a 2.64 version, while my 520H has a version 2.75 (and the burner inside has firmware version 1.22)? I think it could be great to have an up-to-date firmware, mainly to support newer disks, isn't it?

Second, these firmware are inside service disks 'provided' (if I can say that since Pioneer refuses to sell them ...) by Pioneer. The disk GGV1179 seems to work, but does anybody knows the version of firmware of this disk?

And third, does newer disks (GGV1239 or GGV1273 for example) support DVR-520/720H? If so, do you know the firmware version they provide?

Interestingly, pioneerfaq.info has firmare 2.64 multiregion, and is ready to help , while Pioneer's support site is of no avail at all about firmware releases

Many questions, but many thanks in advance for your answers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have any answers for you, but many companies don't support or provide firmware updates/upgrades. Even the few companies that do provide this service, will not honor your warranty unless you were directed by their technician to do so.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're right Krispy Kritter. The problem is that a new firmware exists, and is freely available for japanese versions but not for other zones ...

For everyone who's interested in, I'd just got an answer from a french service center - yes, I'm french, sorry ... :P:

"(...) a newer firmware version exists, v2.73. Please send us the burner to perform this upgrade. It gonna costs you Eur.53,-"
    So, it does exists, but not freely. And I suspect this servce center to retrieve a firmware from a service disk, but what version, that's a good question. Interestingly, my 520H is version 2.75 (so, newer!)

Any idea welcome!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you will need someone in a service center to supply you with a disc...or a copy.

Many companies don't like having the average person doing this as it is too easy to screw it up, then the player is useless. Which the average person then takes to get repaired under warranty and the manufacturer loses money.

FWIW: if you aren't actually having any issues with the player, leave it alone. It's not always necessary to have the latest firmware. Unlike computer drives, there are often more changes in standalone firmware than just disc compatibility.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote