VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to improve my skills a bit. And have few questions. I'm using both AVStoDVD and AVI2DVD as a starting point, using HCenc at "Best', and noting the interaction of the various steps/programs. My sources are usually short XviD 25fs AVI music vids that I convert to NTSC.

AVI2DVD seems to do a proper job (I don't know why this app isn't recommend more as it's output beats ConvertXtoDVD's and it's free) although the audio encoding (BeSweet) takes far longer than AVS' which I believe uses Qenc. I prefer AVS as it will give me a Muxed MPEG2, allows me to choose the bitrate, and alter the AVIsynth script, rather than just author a DVD (no real options availble) as AVI2DVD does. But AVS will not do pulldown (AVI2DVD dies) and HCenc will only do it if the source is 23.976, 25fs is ignored.

That said is it best to use pulldown with a 25fs source, 25-> 29.976?

Will Lanczos4Resize (AVS offers this option) produce better results than plain Lanczos Resize?

When using AVS I delete this line from the script ChangeFPS(29.97), choose 'Demuxed MPEG2 streams', run DGPulldown, then Mux with TMPGenc's MPEG Tools. Does this seem correct?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's best to use pulldown 25 --> 29.97 cuz you are encoding same amount of frames as the source.

Lanczos4Resize technically retains the most picture when resizing. So I say it's better depending on how clean your source is.

If you're running pulldown then deleting changefps(29.97) is correct.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Quote