VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    OfficeMax is back to their "special" price on Verbatim DL media. They have the 10 packs for $14.99 ea after $15 instant rebate. Hard to beat $1.50 a disc for Verbatim.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expans...OID=1611318292
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is the deal available only online or do they honor it in store?
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by terryj
    is the deal available only online or do they honor it in store?
    I would check availability of stock first if your OfficeMax is very far away. Nearest OM is roughly 40 miles away and the last two trips I made they were out of stock. Online is safest bet but the offer is good in store as well. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After you shake the dust of the media since its probably been on the shelf for 3 years, you can fall asleep waiting for your burn at 2.4x.

I'd rather go with Ritek disks for about the same price, about $1.50 per disk and with 8x speed. I've found that the Ritek DL have greatly improved in quality over the last 6 months. I've burned 100's of these with only one failure(my power went out - no UPS). You can get them at any of the online services like meritline
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gotnotime
    After you shake the dust of the media since its probably been on the shelf for 3 years, you can fall asleep waiting for your burn at 2.4x.

I'd rather go with Ritek disks for about the same price, about $1.50 per disk and with 8x speed. I've found that the Ritek DL have greatly improved in quality over the last 6 months. I've burned 100's of these with only one failure(my power went out - no UPS). You can get them at any of the online services like meritline
    Not that it matters, but they are most often out of stock, at least in the store. The last 8 packs or so that I've used, all burn at 4x.

Most users here prefer to only use quality Verbatim media. If you don't, that's fine, but there is no need to waste our time thread crapping about your burning preference. I didn't ask for feed back on which DL media to use....I was informing anyone that cares about a good price on Verbatim media.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Cool!!
    Guess i'll be stopping by and picking some more up on the way to BB for some SL Verbatims.

I'm with Krispy Kritter
    Some people prefer to shove pencils & nails into their ears...
    Does not mean it's recommended or the best
    I'll leave the rest alone
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...zzzzz....zzzz..... what, huh?

My 2.4x verbatim disk I started to burn yesterday is finally done...yippeee
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gotnotime
    ...zzzzz....zzzz..... what, huh?

My 2.4x verbatim disk I started to burn yesterday is finally done...yippeee
    Don't you have something better to do ?? like burning your craptek dvdr's

Someday when you have a GF you might also realize faster is not always better
    Quote Quote  
  9. Great price. If your local Officemax is out of stock, check out Newegg.com. They are on sale for $34.99 for a 20 pack with free 3 day shipping.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000071+1087408098&Descri...ame=DVD%2bR+DL
    That's $1.75 per disc. Not as good as 1.50, but still a good deal. Supermediastore has the same deal, but you need to use the coupon code "transformers" to get it. No code needed at Newegg.
    http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-95310-dvd-plus-r-double-layer-media-20-pack.html
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They also have shipping if you don't want to visit your local store. Shipping is free on orders over $50...and quick, at least for me. Usually only 2 days for me.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see Best Buy has Verbatim DVD +R DL $29.99 for a 20 spindle here in D/FW area TX. Not too shabby.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got some from Best Buy just yesterday.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I also grabbed a couple of spindles at Best Buy tonight, but noticed that my store only had the Made in India ones. I've burned about 60 of the Made in Singapore discs without any problems, but haven't tried the MII ones.....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked my first spindle and it was from Singapore so I went back to BB and there was only one spindle left and it was from Singapore so I got it too.
    Quote Quote