VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a DVD (One Man Show) and I'd like to encode each chapters (one per sketch/story) to an individual avi file.

I've tried Dr Divx and AutoGK but they don't have the option to split by chapters and encode to individual avis.

If possible, I'd like to have a one click feature so I can let it run the whole night.

Do you know a free program that can do that ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use DVDDecrypter to extract each chapter to its own VOB. Set up a batch file something like this:

MD C:\SERIES\
    MD C:\SERIES\CHP01\
    MD C:\SERIES\CHP02\
    MD C:\SERIES\CHP03\
    MD C:\SERIES\CHP04\
    "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /SRC D: /MODE IFO /VTS 1 /PGC 1 /CHAPTERS 1 /DEST "C:\SERIES\CHP01\" /START /CLOSE
    "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /SRC D: /MODE IFO /VTS 1 /PGC 1 /CHAPTERS 2 /DEST "C:\SERIES\CHP02\" /START /CLOSE
    "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /SRC D: /MODE IFO /VTS 1 /PGC 1 /CHAPTERS 3 /DEST "C:\SERIES\CHP03\" /START /CLOSE
    "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /SRC D: /MODE IFO /VTS 1 /PGC 1 /CHAPTERS 4 /DEST "C:\SERIES\CHP04\" /START /CLOSE
    Make sure you have DVDD set up so that it does not eject the DVD after read. You might need to view the DVD in something like MPC to see which titleset contains the movie from which you want to extract chapters. Adjust the batch file accordingly.

Then in AutoGK, set up and queue jobs for each of the VOBs you created with the batch file.

There might be other more efficient ways to do this, but this method has worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Fair use wizard could do this just select the range to be encoded each time eg 0000 to 23000 then 23001 to 29000 etc etc. Or encode the whole lot into one big file then split it up afterwards. using ( xxxxxx ) software.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote