VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Simple question - is Newegg US only?

I've seen only a couple of references to it from UK/European posters here but there doesn't seem to be any way to register as a non-US user.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes .
    And no
    It is US only but will ship to Puerto rico and AFPO people as well.
    Funnily enough I was just checking prices on there today and the two items I was looking at were almost identically priced in the Uk and USA (BUT) our prices then have to have VAT added. There are mailbox type companies who will set up a US shipping address for you who then ship the stuff on... but these services are not cheap and nor is the shipping. (But how much does a cpu weigh anyway?? or an OS?)
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pretty much what I thought

I was hoping to buy a new Shuttle SD39P2 - cheapest UK price is about 320, newegg sells for $389 (200).
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was hoping to buy vista home premium, q6700 cpu, 8600gt/x lumix tz3 and 2gb 1066 ddr2 and to smuggle it all home in my bag under the expolsives

Truth is tho vista home premium is the same price (excluding vat) from the cheapest sites (newegg ebuyer)

the others tho are def cheaper and there is no duty to pay on still cameras (for now) tho if they get classed as video cameras then duty may become payable.

American Visa ... here I come ... cheap flights please, now? via Iceland if possible
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on what you want, the savings might pay for the flight tickets.

I'm hoping to build a Shuttle SD39P2 with a quad 6600, 3x WD Raptors, 2GB RAM and a 8800GTS video card.

Newegg retails for $1580 (790), the cheapest I can source the parts for in the UK is 1080 - a 290 ($580) difference.

290 will buy you a direct transatlantic flight off season.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm heading over to London for a week from the US next March, make me up a shopping list and I'll see what I can do!
    Quote Quote