VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, I have an AVI file that I converted to DVD using DIKO, I can do that part no problem! lol BUT! I have a portable DVD player that is widescreen and all my AVI's seem to come out cropped, they're full-screen, but it doesn't fill the entire screen.

That may not have made sense, lol, but I want to know how to make it so when I convert to DVD I can utilize most of my screen.

Also I checked the ratio and it's a strange number; 704 x 304 never seen that before.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats not unusual, the actual movie was 2:35 or 2:21 display ratio, movie screens are NOT 16:9 like wide screen TV or portable DVD players, the movie is wider and not as tall as the 16:9 screen, so when the width is converted to fit DVD standards the video does not go full height,

to go full height the picture would have to be stretched taller making tall ovals out of round objects and making people to thin OR the sides of the picture would have to cropped off to make the video portion 16:9

you can customize your output but you will need to use several tools/ steps instead of a 'one click ' converter program
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    saihossoku, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote