VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I took some files using my Hauppauge PVR 250 in DVD Extra Long Play mode which is 2.5MBits/sec or 1.2G/hr according to the instructions. I used Xvid on VirtualDub to compress my movie. My settings were AS @ L5, two pass-2nd pass and a bit rate of 200. When it gets compressed, the file says the video bit rate is like in the 140bits/sec range and the audio is 384kbps. I shrink it down to 320x240 as well. So one file will go from 202,000kb to 68,000kb. Is there any way to make it go smaller like 30,000kb? I tried changing the target bit rate to 30,000, but that didn't seem to work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

You didn't say how long the video was, but if you're going to turn the video to garbage, you may as well do the same with the audio. Make it Mono MP3 at 64 kBits/sec. No point in having the audio larger than the video, and that may give you the size you want all by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The videos are usually ~7, max 10 min long. The main thing is I feel like it takes too long to upload files to sites like Youtube if the clip is too big.

So is there not a better way to compress it twice? Or is the video at 150bits/sec small enough from the original source file?

What's the smallest audio I can have and still have it come out of both speakers?
    Quote Quote