VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm running Vista 32-bit, 512MB RAM, 2.66GHz.
    Video Card is an ATI AIW Radeon 9600 2006 edition, 256 MB of memory.
    I'm running a 32 inch Vizio HDTV.
    I'm running in 1360x768, cause its the maximum it supports.

Anyway, the problem is, everytime I restart Vista, that resolution goes back to 1024x768.
    I have to open Catalyst, and set it back to 1360x768. And the Picture doesn't allign properly, so I have to allign it in Cataylst, AND my TVs settings.

Alot of the time I'll run something, mainly a game or Video, and then the picture offsets, and doesn't line up with the TV. Then I have to go into Catalyst, and set it to any different resolution, and then back to 1360x768 to get it to reallign.

I've been using Vista since before it went retail, I've had this problem since then. Frankly, I'm tired of it, and the patches they've put out have done NOTHING for me. I still have no TV tuner support, and I can live without that, I'd rather not, but, Owell. But this is just ridiculous. I hate updating Vista simply because I know I'll have to go through all that crap again, and possiblly again, after that.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't see a video card section, and I'm sorry if this has been brought up, its kind of hard to search for such specific issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Purely a Catalyst in Vista issue. AMD now owns ATI so complain to them.
    Quote Quote