VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

First of all Im a Noob in the VM scripting world, all I want to do is test a custom made DVD using DVDLabPro, the test consists in making the Disc Region 1, if the person copies the Disc usually the Ripping program will make the disc Regionless, thats where my Idea comes into play. I want to make a VM script that reads the Region code on the Disc (not the player) before loading the menus, if the disc is not Region 1 it means the disc was ripped and the region changed and it will load either a blank video or menu with user controls disabled. I know this will not help me if a person rips the VOB files individually, but at least It would protect the menus etc.

If you know how to do this I would like your help! If you don't know but would like to help anyways I need to know how to read the value in the CPR_MAI and what value is Region 1, and what value is placed when a program rips and replaces the region value to multiregion or regionless.

the following is a rough draft (I know this might not work)

If CPR_MAI=="Region 1 Value" link menu1 (disc plays fine)
    If CPR_MAI=="Other Region" Link (disc will not play movies etc.)

Please dont confuse this with Reading the DVD Players region, im talking about the region value on the disc itself.

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    on the disc the value is found in the VMGM_MAT address 0000023

Value| Region Code(s)
    ------------
    254__| 1
    253__| 2
    252__| 1, 2
    251__| 3
    64___| 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
    0____| 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Aedipuss, now if anyone know how to compare the values in a VM script?

Ok lets say the DVD I make is Region 1, so the Value is 254. Ok, when someone rips the DVD the ripper may change its value to 0.

Now how do I read whats in the VMGM_MAT at address 0000023 using a VM command, to compare it to the value 254? Any pointers anyone?

Thanks a lot

Updated Command lines so far:

If (VMGM_MAT == 254) LinkMenu1 (disc plays fine)
    If (VMGM_MAT == 0) LinkMenu99 (disc will not play movies etc.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    faramith,

There's a great deal of information that's available outside the virtual machine, but not inside. If you want to work inside the VM, all you've got to work with is what's built into the VM. The VM commandset is limited to what needs to be done inside the VM, which doesn't include a command to obtain a disk's region code. That information is also not stored in a SPRM, so there isn't a way to implement your plan from within the VM.
    Quote Quote