VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had my Sony DRU-810A DVD writer for about 2 years and I've never had a problem with it until now. I use it to copy my photos and videos from my digital camera to DVD since I can get lots of files on DVDs. Now the drive isn't recognizing the dvd discs. I use DVD+RW discs, always have. I have a disc that already had some photos on it. When I open that disc in Windows Explorer all the files are listed but only about half of them will preview or open up (even in Paint). When I try to copy to a new disc, it's showing as a cd instead of a dvd and a message comes up that the drive is not accessible. I tried reinstalling InCD and Nero but I still have the same problems. Will reinstalling the software for the drive fix this problem or is there something else that needs to be done?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    INCD causes lots of software conflicts. Use NERO CLEANING TOOL after uninstalling nero. Reason for this is even if you uninstall it files maybe left behind in the windows registry. After using the cleaning tool then reinstall NERO but don't install INCD. You can use CD XP BURNER as another burning program which is freeware.
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

FYI your drive is a rebadged BENQ 1640.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks budz. Where would I be able to find the NERO cleaning tool? Just download from the internet? Also, I've had InCD on my computer all this time. Why would it all of the sudden cause problems?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Duh! I just realized that this problem started after I installed an HP Photosmart printer. I didn't realize that I had a third USB port and I was changing out the dvd drive when I wanted to use the printer. So now I'm wondering if I need to uninstall the printer and the software for the drive and reinstall them both using separate ports for each one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had similar problems using InCD so many times I've stopped using InCD. Packet writing used by InCD and other programs has been reported to have many problems and isn't recommended for long term backup. The cleaning tool may be found on the Nero site and is a free download.
    Quote Quote