VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using Nero 7 Ultra to make disks from bittorrent movie files, the files are labeld AVI, I have had some success although the quality is not that great, But some of the disk when played on the DVD player flip horizontally and are in B & W. Please help....Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    db
    Quote Quote  
  2. The AVI was recorded in PAL (25 fps), when encoding to MPEG you have to specify NTSC framerate (29.97 fps). To be able to do that with Ultra, you have to do it through Nero Vision. You can't just drop the AVI into BurningROM.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool, I've seen the PAL/NTSC option when using Nero Vision. I'll give it it a try. Thanks.
    db
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, I tried and the Nero software never stopped running after 5 hrs. I tried to abort to no avail but the progress clock was still ticking. The disk would not eject and the Nero would not close. Finally I had to turn off the computer manually. This has happened before. I have reinstalled the software. Ran spyware clean-up, registry fix reinstalled the drive for the Iomega DVD burner. I'm perplexed because sometimes it completes the burn and the disk works then others it doesn't.
    db
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try ConvertXtoDVD for format conversion. I wouldn't do conversion this way, but many swear by it. Burn the results with Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This can take a long time, you're not only converting from a different video format, but also doing a framerate conversion.

I've had to do a PAL/NTSC conversion of a DVD for a friend once. I can't recall the exact time it took, but it was easily more than 3 hrs and I didn't have a menu. I was pleased with the results and how easy NVE made the whole thing.

To avoid wasting a disc, don't put a disc in the drive. Then you'll see the option to save to the HD. This way you can check the results with Showtime, if you like what you see, use the Burn DVD Video template in Smart Start.
    Quote Quote