VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded and ran the latest 6.x DiVX codec installer which installed "DivXbrowserplugin.plugin" in my Library > Internet Plugins folder. I presume this is the "DivX Web Player (1.3.1)" that is installed as part of the standard DivX install.

When I click on a DiVX video (for example, any on Stage6.com), the window says "Connecting" then my download status indicator shows download activity. But no video or audio ever plays.

I removed all but the most basic plugins from the internet plugins folder (Library > Internet Plugins); these remain: those for JAVA (and MRJ); QT; and DiVX.

Is there any other component I should have installed? Or something that shouldn't be installed that maybe is?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've been working on this -- on and off -- for weeks, now, and getting nowhere.

Thanks,
    JJ
    OS X 10.3.9
    Firefox 2.0.0.4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install Perian (http://perian.org/)

I've removed the DiVX components (as Perian incorporates those). I went to stage6.com and can play all the videos.

(Intel iMac, 10.4.9, Firefox 2.0.0.4)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perian requires OS X 10.4.

I'm on 10.3.9. Need solution for this OS version.

Thanks,
    JJ
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whups! I didn't read the Perian requirements. No opportunity to go to 10.4.x, I suppose?
    Quote Quote