VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the Hauppauge PVR 250 to capture my video which captures it into MPEG2 720x480. I played around with VirtualDub and I'm trying to find a good bitrate and size for the web like Youtube and stuff. I feel like 320x240 at ~200 kbps looks good, but it's too small. I wanted something in the 400 range that looks sharp and doesn't skew the movie too much by shrinking or widening it too much. Any basic advice? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube reconverts everything to flash video, 320x240 and a low bitrate. If you want something better try other video upload sites like stage6 divx or host it on your own site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing Dailymotion is the same?
    Quote Quote  
  4. i'm getting really frustrated with all these video sites. it's really hard to upload a clean video on them, especially since many of the sites cut you off at 100 megs. i've tried a lot of divx and wmv but they all look really pixelated when they show up on these sites. i can't install qt 7 cause of some audio programs on my pc, but i basically need a good workflow to export my video from vegas and then maybe shrink it down in another program for youtube. can anyone help me figure this out? thanks
    Quote Quote