VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,
    i need a bit of help

i got hold of this oldish Panasonic 3ccd camera. it was pretty good for its day. a AG-EZ1 with all the mic's and accessories etc.. etc..

i comes with a component cable. for hooking up to a tv, or a video card etc..

the component, has a red a white and a yellow .. rca plugs and a S-video

i wanna connect this to my computer. thru my video card. is it possible, i have a Nvidia 6600 gt, it has a s-video input on the back, but it is different to the s-video output on the component cable.

i connects up, but i doubt it has anything running through it.

everytime i try to get it to work it doesnt't, is it the s-video socket? there a different design to each other...what!

another thing i have this extra cable. its description is .. Cable S(9M) to AV(F)*4 & S(4F)
    its a S-video ( 9 pin) to S-video(4 Pin)/AV cable.

is it just that everything is of an older design and can't be used??
    blah n blah blah..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I did a quick google search for "Nvidia 6600 gt" and the results I found said that that is just a video card. You need a capture card.

Click here for videohelps capture card list.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well that sucks!
    blah n blah blah..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'd have to be talking about the pci-e turbo force edition ... its vivo , if not , your out of luck .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey.

why has it got a s-video socket for? whats that for.
    blah n blah blah..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by spoolintanabe
    why has it got a s-video socket for? whats that for.
    It's for video OUTPUT.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the help ay..

i read somewhere just before. " the 6600 chipset has vivo support. capable of video capture"

it would really help it some of these reviews and spec's on video cards defined the difference between the different grades that the card comes in, what comes with it, and what doesn't. because trial and error just isn't good enough.

ok... anyone know of a decent NEW capture card or device on the market, at a reasonable price. maybe one thats external coz i'd put it in myself put i'd void my warranty if i touch the box. and they'll probably just charge me a price that they just made up as usual.
    computer stores have gotta be one of the biggest rip off merchants running.
    you know, all the extra costs involved, for basically nothing. like.
    this beauty. "an extra $85 dollars, on top of the regular $50 service fee, if you want your computer looked at within the first 24 hours" and there not even busy.
    blah n blah blah..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Look at the external USB2 capture devices like the Hauppauge or Pinnacle series. If you prefer DV (and have an IEEE 1394, AKA Firewire, port) look at the Canopus ADVC devices.
    Quote Quote