VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm wondering if this bgsvcgen process that I found running was installed with it, I saw a thread here that indicated it might be. Upon Googling the process I found that it could also be malware that disguised itself, even though NOD32 and Spysweeper don't find anything wrong with it.

So, if you have TMPGEnc installed, can you check to see if that process is also installed somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  2. what tmpgenc might that be? Plus, Xpress Or DVD Author and what version? For example going to this directory on this computer " C:\WINDOWS\system32" shows "B's Recorder GOLD Service Library" after right clicking the file in question, then picking properties.

This is of course with show system files, show extensions, and show Hidden files set in Tools, Folder option, view.

Since mine shows a legitimate company mine should be good.

You need to check yours, it could have been replaced by a virus. Most likely not, however ............. Only you can tell for sure.

Since B's gold is burning software you could just change the extension and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's DVD Author 3. The file shows the same thing that yours does, and I noticed that it was created one minute after the TMPGEnc was, so it's likely that it got installed along with it.

I guess I could try uninstalling it since I probably won't use it because it takes so long, and then I could see if the file goes along with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bgsvcgen.exe is a B's Recorder GOLD Service Library from B.H.A Corporation belonging to B's Recorder

once the process is reviewed. If you have any information to contribute, you can send it to pl[at]Uniblue[dot]com. It is highly recommended to Run a Free Performance Scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.
    http://www.click2finding.com/click2.aspx?pr=Computers/Hardware/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials/
    Quote Quote