VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i get this message

d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp>Time: 02/07/2007 20:27:16
    *mux to MMback.mpg
    INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
    **ERROR: [???] Unable to open file d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp\MMBackg.m2v for reading.
    *creating menufile MMMenu.mpg
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    REM *creating letterbox menufile MMMenuL.mpg
    "C:\Program Files\GUI for dvdauthor\spumux.exe" -s1 "d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp\MMSpuL.xml" <"d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp\MMMenu.mpg" > "d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp\MMMenuL.mpg"

d:\DVD\Temp\gui\Temp>Time: 02/07/2007 20:27:18

when i try to create a dvd

am i doing something stupid or have i got serious bissues here?
    Quote Quote  
  2. This error simply says, that the file MMBackg.m2v is not there. The problem is why...

Is this the full log file?

Usually this error arises because of problems with the Cygwin framework. A 'known' problem with cygwin is outpost firewall (but should be fixed now):
    http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18495&page=1

If your video (and audio/subtitles) is elementary and 100% DVD compliant, you can try to use the MuxMan authoring engine (permanent default settings).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just found the same problem.
    I was trying, for the first time, to test an animated background for my menu background (62 seconds of .m2v and .ac3 streams with "loop and trim animation" checked).

Code:
    c:\_Videos\Anim_test_gfd\Temp>Time: 8/1/2007 6:50:56 AM
    *creating MMback.m2v

c:\_Videos\Anim_test_gfd\Temp>Time: 8/1/2007 6:51:09 AM
    *mux to MMback.mpg
       INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
    **ERROR: [???] Unable to open file c:\_Videos\Anim_test_gfd\Temp\MMBackg.m2v for reading.
    *creating menufile MMMenu.mpg

c:\_Videos\Anim_test_gfd\Temp>Time: 8/1/2007 6:51:09 AM
    I also enclosed the whole log if anyone notices some other anomaly (I am still new at deciphering these logs).

Borax, I will try your suggestion and use muxman instead of mplex.

Dontpanic, any luck with this?

gfd_log_070801.txt
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you have a correct avisynth version (2.5.7 or higher) installed?
    What happens if you click on 'Preview' (with the option 'AVS' activated)?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I have Avisynth2.5.7 installed. I have done many animated menus (animated buttons for chapter selection) without problem (after the learning curve).
    But this is the first time I try an animated background where I provide short elementary streams (m2v and ac3) to menu background.
    When I click on 'Preview' with 'AVS', it doesn't play, and I get an error message in the player window instead. I didn't capture that message. I thought that since I was providing the elementary streams, avisynth wasn't used, but I really didn't know.

I just tried using GFD with Muxman (for the first time also), and found another steep learning curve in front of me! I think I converted the dvdauthor commands to muxman, but still got a lot of errors (log uploaded). I am not too sure about the syntax, because I am just starting to learn Muxman.

Now I am starting to suspect that my video files might be corrupted (they play OK on WinDVD and VLS players, but I recovered them from a crashed HDD). I am going to do another test with video files that are beyond suspiscion.

By the way, many thanks for Gui for Dvdauthor. It is a very cool and powerful tool, and I have done lots of DVDs with it, sometimes complex ones.

log_gfd_muxman.txt
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just another side note. When I looked at my elementary streams with AVIcodec, it tells me the video part is MPEG1. When I looked at the VOB file obtained after multiplexing the audio and video streams, it says it is MPEG2! Is that possible? (I am still thinking about these video files being corrupted).
    Quote Quote  
  7. ...Is that possible?
    Yes, you will probably have an mpeg1 encoded video within a mpeg2 'container'.
    AFAIK mpeg1 is not allowed for menus.

When I click on 'Preview' with 'AVS', it doesn't play, and I get an error message in the player window instead. I didn't capture that message. I thought that since I was providing the elementary streams, avisynth wasn't used, but I really didn't know.
    Avisynth is used for all kinds of animated menus. Even if you only use an animated background as the only animated element on the menu, the texts, buttons... have to be 'overlayed' and encoded to get the 'final' menu background.
    You should try to capture the avisynth error message.
    Your MuxMan error seems to be the same problem:
    The menus MMBackg.m2v and TS1Backg.m2v are either not created at all (due to an error from avisynth or dgindex or HC/QuEnc) or corrupted. You should check your source material carefully.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    G-Spot often (always ?) shows mpeg-1 for VOB files, even when I know damn well they aren't.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will post the error message tonight. It had something about AssumeFPS error, an offending line 11 in a script.
    Any recommendation about a tool to analyze/verify mpeg or elementary streams? I will try Gspot as well. AVIcodec indicated a quality ratio of 73% or 83% for the material I tried, including those in this project. This quality ratio was actually sometimes worse on material I used to burn perfectly good DVD, so at this point, the quality of the files doesn't look worse than what I used in the past, but I don't know what criteria is used to calculate this quality ratio anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the error message I am getting:
    Code:
    Script error: Invalid arguments to function "AssumeFPS"
    (c:\...\Temp\TS1Script.avs, line11)
    This is when I run the Preview with AVS.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Usually this error occurs, if an old avisynth version is used.
    See here for example:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic310993-60.html#1656441

Only version 2.5.7 (final! not any previous beta) support the AssumeFPS("ntsc_video"/"pal_video") argument. Could you please recheck (or reinstall) your avisynth version?
    Quote Quote