VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Chrissy this may also relate to the other recent problems.
    First, SVCD has worked perfectly up to and including v .2718. Had installed 2733 and after trying to copy mu asset my system says that it had an encountered a problem with ffmpeg therefore did not load it. As I had version 2728 I tried it and had the same result. Went back to version 2718 and it is working fine.
    I did notice though you had version 2738 up. I'll downlioad it and give it a try.
    I'm running Vista 32.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Cat Loving Old Fart
    Search PM
    Chrissy,

Any reason why you are using such an old version of FFMPEG in SVCD2DVD with a lot less things enabled?
    >ffmpeg -version
    FFmpeg version SVN-r7159, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-pthreads --ena
    ble-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-dts --enable-faad --enable-avisynth
    libavutil version: 49.1.0
    libavcodec version: 51.27.0
    libavformat version: 51.12.1
    built on Jun 22 2007 16:17:00, gcc: 4.3.0 20061204 (experimental)
    ffmpeg SVN-r7159
    libavutil 3211520
    libavcodec 3349248
    libavformat 3345409

Checking some of the other programs that I use that use FFMPEG, it appears that it is now up to version 9000+.
    >ffmpeg -version
    FFmpeg version SVN-r9017, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --
    enable-libogg --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libamr-nb --enable-
    libamr-wb --enable-libgsm --enable-libnut --enable-x264 --enable-gpl --enable-sw
    scaler --enable-liba52 --enable-xvid --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaac --enable-
    libdts --enable-avisynth --cpu=i686 --disable-shared --enable-static
    libavutil version: 49.4.0
    libavcodec version: 51.40.4
    libavformat version: 51.12.1
    built on May 13 2007 17:41:26, gcc: 4.1.2
    ffmpeg SVN-r9017
    libavutil 3212288
    libavcodec 3352580
    libavformat 3345409

Just asking. I know I'm probably falling into the trap of believing that "newer is always better" when it may not be in the case of FFMPEG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Randalliser
    Chrissy this may also relate to the other recent problems.
    First, SVCD has worked perfectly up to and including v .2718. Had installed 2733 and after trying to copy mu asset my system says that it had an encountered a problem with ffmpeg therefore did not load it. As I had version 2728 I tried it and had the same result. Went back to version 2718 and it is working fine.
    I did notice though you had version 2738 up. I'll downlioad it and give it a try.
    I'm running Vista 32.

Regards
    ok Keep us posted please...

Any reason why you are using such an old version of FFMPEG in SVCD2DVD with a lot less things enabled?
    The build number for ffmpeg in S2D is a bit misleading as it includes cherry picked code from several versions - including the latest 9453

The reason there are less things enabled is that the goal of S2D is to create DVDs and not xvid and the like.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I was away for the past 3 days and was not able to test version 2.5.2738.
    I did notice there was a version change to 2.5.2800, so I had installed this one instead. It is working flawlessly.

Any idea why I had the problem?

Still the best program around for laymen like myself.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good news.... It was just a problem in vista with certain file paths.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote