VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a software package that I can put an object over a persons face to hide them and then be able to move the object around with the frames as the person moves. Sort of like something to pixelate or anything. I have ulead video studio 11 plus but when I put an object over the persons head and he moves to the right then I have to add another object, if I just move the object to where the person is in the that frame then it's not on the person in the begginning frames. Is there anything out there that will let me do this? Any help would be appreciated, feel free to email me if you come accross anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas and Premiere can both do it easily. The secret is keyframing the movement to follow the subject. With more expensive effects software, such as After Effects, you can even assign a tracker to follow the face (or other objects) and create the keyframes for you.

This tutorial covers using Premiere, but you do similar in most packages nowadays. You may have to do some reading of the help files though. http://wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_blurface.htm
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ulead Media Studio will do this too ... That and the applications Gunslinger mentioned are not cheap. I do have a suggestion for a cheaper alternative. Using Ulead Cool 3-D Production you can load the video into the background, place your object, being that it's a 3-D animation application you could get quite creative here and make a giant yellow smiley face if you want...

Move along the timeline, you only have to find key points such as direction changes or pauses in the movement. Move the smiley to the new position where such things occur.

Remove the background video,Export as either a AVI or sequential TGA with alpha channel(I think VS11 supports both). Import into VS11 onto the overlay track.

Some quick tips for using Cool 3-D. Make sure the preview rendering options are set to the lowest quality possible, Cool 3-D needs a lot of CPU and GPU... You can also do this for exporting test clips, the 3-D objects will not look that good but the time it takes to render will be greatly diminished. For the final quality export that you will be using you don't have to use the highest quality option, the second highest is more than sufficient and you most likely will not see a difference between the two except the time it takes to render.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect it can also be done with WAX2 or Jashaka, both of which are free, and both of which have keyframing and effects.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you all for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, I watched the movie and I thought it was Pinnacle so I bought Video Studio 11 Ultimate..... Don't think that's it...... Anyway does anyone know of an online tutorial on how to block out a moving face with Video Studio 11 Ultimate or Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus? I actually need to be able to blur out two spots on alot of video clips. I got a new machine with a q6600 processor and a GEFORCE 8800 GTS 640MB video card. Now that I have the hardware I need to figure out how to get the job done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eric0524
    Well, I watched the movie and I thought it was Pinnacle so I bought Video Studio 11 Ultimate..... Don't think that's it...... Anyway does anyone know of an online tutorial on how to block out a moving face with Video Studio 11 Ultimate or Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus? I actually need to be able to blur out two spots on alot of video clips. I got a new machine with a q6600 processor and a GEFORCE 8800 GTS 640MB video card. Now that I have the hardware I need to figure out how to get the job done.
    You are requesting higher end labor and skill intensive effects here. Don't expect consumer programs to handle key frame positioning and spline motion control. Your video display card doesn't matter.

You need to farm this project out to an expert or learn the ropes of setting keyframes and using path and velocity spline controls to match motion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are referring to the link I posted above then no, it wasn't Pinnacle. It was Premiere. I did point that out in my post.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Anyway does anyone know of an online tutorial on how to block out a moving face with Video Studio
    Don't think you can do it with VS by itself, you need something to create the overlay track. You could try the Ulead forums where there will be more people familair with it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you are referring to the link I posted above then no, it wasn't Pinnacle. It was Premiere. I did point that out in my post.
    I know I just got excited and bought the wrong stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure but i think this can be done in editstudio5 I seem to remember seeing a tutorial when looking on the website a couple of years ago
    Quote Quote  
  12. Went to ULEAD now Corel what a mess. I figured out how to do a pan and zoom with an image but thats about it. It does have an overlay track but I did not see anyway to modify the overlay to make it move. Pinnacle on the other hand claims you can have moving objects and all this keyframe power but I have not been able to figure it out yet. Guess it's time to give the book to my wife.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No need to spend any money..........you can do it for free with Wax2. You'll have to enter the coordinates for the keyframes manually, but it's very feesable. Can't help you with a tutorial (don't have the time to make one), but basically, just set the start keyframes, then the end keyframes, then spilt the difference with intermediate keyframes. You can use PSD's or transparent PNG's for overlays.

Wax2 is very powerful, but forces you to learn.........but then that's a good thing......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Went to ULEAD now Corel what a mess. I figured out how to do a pan and zoom with an image but thats about it.

Ulead has pan & scan too, not sure if you can do it with an overlay/image though.
    Quote Quote