VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. whenever i try to save what i've cropped it says:

cannot initialize smart rendering: no video codec is selected for compression

I also haven't a clue as to how I can paste an mp3 onto the cropped up avi.

I posted about this a couple of months ago, failed but thought i'd try again. sorry for being repetitive, but i seem to have devolutionized; before i used to know how to crop the avis but couldnt stick mp3s on them, for instance, among other tragicomic things. anyway, like the fools and horses guy, him who dares, wins, so i'd very much appreciate your help on this matter.
    i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Video -> Compression... -> Select codec (same as source) and parameters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Video -> Compression... -> Select codec (same as source) and parameters.
    that doesnt solve my second inquiry, thanks but it doesnt:

how to get an mp3 to play over the stuff i've cropped?

anyone?
    i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you am not i am not you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pondleaping
    that doesnt solve my second inquiry, thanks but it doesnt:

how to get an mp3 to play over the stuff i've cropped?
    VirtualDubMod: Streams -> Stream List... -> Add.. then select your MP3 file.

Or in VirtualDub: Convert your MP3 to an uncompressed WAV file the import the WAV with Audio -> WAV Audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you use the crop filter then you need to recompress the whole video using Full Processing mode. Smart render will not work for this.

As stated above, you must either create a wave file from your MP3 to use with Virtualdub and recompress to MP3 or use VirtualdubMod to insert the MP3 file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DarrellS
    When you use the crop filter then you need to recompress the whole video
    Although he used the word crop I gathered he's really just trimming out unwanted scenes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by DarrellS
    When you use the crop filter then you need to recompress the whole video
    Although he used the word crop I gathered he's really just trimming out unwanted scenes.

nah by crop i mean the difference in cut assistant that says cut and crop, with the former you cut away from the file, with crop you get a bunch of scenes you want.

anyway, thanks guys your distinction between virtualdubmod and virtualdub may be very helpful, im downloading the former right away.
    Quote Quote  
  8. To most around here "crop" means to cut off part of the frame. So you might crop a 640x480 video down to 640x464 by removing the bottom 16 scanlines because there's nothing but VHS head switching noise down there. This type of operation requires decompressing the source and recompressing it.

What you're doing is cutting or trimming away unwanted frames. This may or may not require reencoding depending on where you cut.

VirtualDubMod does not have Smart Rendering like the most recent beta versions of VirtualDub. Any retained segment in VirtualDubMod in Direct Stream Copy mode has to start on a keyframe.
    Quote Quote